PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Droid Incredible (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   Does Incredible work on cricket? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125914)

alfredo-x 06-20-2010 11:02 PM

Does Incredible work on cricket?

does anyone know??]:headbang:

Wideawake 06-21-2010 07:30 PM

Re: Does Incredible work on cricket?

Yes from what I hear it works with full data services. Good luck on finding a cricket person to share intimate details or instructions tho. They like to keep things secretive.
~mike

whitey10tc 06-23-2010 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wideawake (Post 1828590)
Yes from what I hear it works with full data services. Good luck on finding a cricket person to share intimate details or instructions tho. They like to keep things secretive.
~mike

Has been done, right now there are paid $ solutions that people charge for but really it's a Droid so it's fairly simple.

alfredo-x 06-23-2010 12:59 AM

ok well i've already flashed a lot of windows mobile phones from verizon and sprint to cricket, so as far as the settings go, i know pretty much all the settings...

what i am concerned about is if the settings stick?
also is the EPST menu the same, or is there additional information i might have to put in it?
and would using CDMA Tools or QPST be the best way to do this?
also, how to unlock the phone? like is there an app that gives me the MSI code so i can open up the phone with QPST and then change it all to 0's

so that's my main concerns really... and if everything works trough cricket's proxy, or is there an app like ProxyCap that'll tunnel everything trough the proxy so that my e-mail and all other features work??

so i would really like more solid information please, like maybe a guide or something?

thanks guys!:-P

whitey10tc 06-23-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfredo-x (Post 1831536)
ok well i've already flashed a lot of windows mobile phones from verizon and sprint to cricket, so as far as the settings go, i know pretty much all the settings...

what i am concerned about is if the settings stick?
also is the EPST menu the same, or is there additional information i might have to put in it?
and would using CDMA Tools or QPST be the best way to do this?
also, how to unlock the phone? like is there an app that gives me the MSI code so i can open up the phone with QPST and then change it all to 0's

so that's my main concerns really... and if everything works trough cricket's proxy, or is there an app like ProxyCap that'll tunnel everything trough the proxy so that my e-mail and all other features work??

so i would really like more solid information please, like maybe a guide or something?

thanks guys!:-P

It's not as simple as windows mobile, although you will need a licensed copy of CDMA WS 3.5, there is the U2NL that works like proxycap but essentially it will take time. Sorry but I'm not willing to brake down the paid solution and post it. But what I will say is if you've fully flashed a Moto Droid or HTC Hero then you can easily do this.

alfredo-x 06-23-2010 11:54 PM

well i found this link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...15#post6840515

which is about the EVO, the guy doesn't even flash it, but apparently that worked. i also thought of doing that but some people said the settings wouldn't stick when you restart the phone? so i wasn't sure and i never tried it.

i have CDMA WS, i just need to know what i need to do so that i don't brick the phone.

i've never flashed a moto droid or vogue.

wow what is it with you people? many others more talented have reprogrammed phones, made HardSPL for the HTC TP2 and make roms for the whole community and you all get to download them and enjoy them for free, yet you find a way to do something and you want to keep it to yourself unless you get money? great way to contribute.

i don't need a breakdown, i'm pretty experienced i just need to know what steps have to be taken, that's about it.

4218kris 02-17-2011 12:51 AM

i really wish someone could do a tutorial on flashing/programing an incredible to cricket. all i have is talk and text and internet but no mms and apps will not work with internet..

havek 04-04-2011 09:57 AM

I would like to know if verizon phones work on sprints network? And do the settings stick? You know like we can do with all gsm phones on gsm networks.

Since no one is willing to share the steps on how to do this then please only respond if you have actually done this yourself from beginning to end at least 5 times. I dont need "i think so" or "i heard it can be done" as an answer. Those answers are not contributions.

Moderators, please insist on users providing real answers in these forums. You know people like "thacounty" or "iknowsquat" who know what they are talking about and provide real answers. That makes these forums maintain value and prestige. It also helps others like myself, so that we can obtain and in turn share valuable information and not try to make money or take credit from other people's efforts.

To everyone else, if i find the complete procedure be sure that i will find a way to post the steps. When I say "a way" i mean just in case this site does not approve of such a posting for legal or moral reasons. I totally respect the rules herein laid.

4218kris 05-19-2011 06:01 AM

you need the android plan (aka html data plan $55) it has no proxy to configure, and the apn configured to your phone number.

4218kris 05-19-2011 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havek (Post 2079310)
I would like to know if verizon phones work on sprints network? And do the settings stick? You know like we can do with all gsm phones on gsm networks.

Since no one is willing to share the steps on how to do this then please only respond if you have actually done this yourself from beginning to end at least 5 times. I dont need "i think so" or "i heard it can be done" as an answer. Those answers are not contributions.

Moderators, please insist on users providing real answers in these forums. You know people like "thacounty" or "iknowsquat" who know what they are talking about and provide real answers. That makes these forums maintain value and prestige. It also helps others like myself, so that we can obtain and in turn share valuable information and not try to make money or take credit from other people's efforts.

To everyone else, if i find the complete procedure be sure that i will find a way to post the steps. When I say "a way" i mean just in case this site does not approve of such a posting for legal or moral reasons. I totally respect the rules herein laid.

no, they will not accept the esn from another phone companies phone for one.im sure that isnt a good enough answer for you though.