PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 06:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907
Facebook Contact Pictures: SOLVED!

Does anyone know how to update the facebook contact pictures for the contacts?

Don't click me
Old 06-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Re: How to update Facebook contact pictures?

I looked for a method and could not find one either. If I do however find one, I will post the method. Hope you do the same.
~mike

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
I looked for a method and could not find one either. If I do however find one, I will post the method. Hope you do the same.
~mike
A reply from the owner

Thank you. I will do the same. There's a thread in the EVO forum about it, but none of the methods seem to work for me. I'll keep trying
Old 06-22-2010, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible / Sprint Touch Pro

RdBrd83 is keeping up the good workRdBrd83 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to RdBrd83

I have one contact that changes her picture all the time and it automatically changes in favorites, but it doesn't work that way for any of the other contacts.
I have a theory... but haven't been able to test it. I'm thinking it might have something to do with having the contacts synced up with Facebook when I had my touch pro. Most of my contacts all have code in the "notes" section when I'd go to the individual contacts. It was related to their id on Facebook. The one contact that is updating did not have this. Might just be a complete coincidence, and the others are not updating for some other reason, but I figured I'd throw it out there as an idea.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RdBrd83 View Post
I have one contact that changes her picture all the time and it automatically changes in favorites, but it doesn't work that way for any of the other contacts.
I have a theory... but haven't been able to test it. I'm thinking it might have something to do with having the contacts synced up with Facebook when I had my touch pro. Most of my contacts all have code in the "notes" section when I'd go to the individual contacts. It was related to their id on Facebook. The one contact that is updating did not have this. Might just be a complete coincidence, and the others are not updating for some other reason, but I figured I'd throw it out there as an idea.
So to have them update should we erase the info under notes that says like "HTC do not erase"?
Old 06-22-2010, 04:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMeli907 View Post
So to have them update should we erase the info under notes that says like "HTC do not erase"?
I have no idea. I un-synced with Facebook, deleted everything in everybody's notes, and then re-synced with Facebook. A few contacts linked up automatically, including the one contact who's picture stayed updated. A majority I had to link individually, even though the names match perfectly. The ones that automatically linked up have nothing in the notes, the ones I had to link now have this in the notes:

<sn>id:#########/friendof:#########</sn>

The first number matches up to each contacts ID on Facebook, the second "friend of" is my Facebook ID. Now I just have to wait for somebody to change their profile picture...
Old 06-23-2010, 01:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I'm back to being at a loss again...

I finally had 2 people change their picture, one updated automatically, the other did not. The one that did was one of them that had linked up automatically, and the one that did not was one that I had to set the link for.
Also, random observation, what was put in the notes does not show up under the contact on the phone, but only shows up when viewing contacts in gmail from a computer.
So just taking a guess, it looks like the trick is going to be figuring out what causes certain contacts to link automatically on the very first sync with facebook instead of just showing a "suggested link".
Old 06-23-2010, 02:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

We are in quite the predicament lol
Old 06-25-2010, 04:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Not all the contacts that linked automatically are updating, so I guess I'm pretty much clueless... Although, I did find a way (from a different site) to get the pictures updated without having to completely remove the sync with Facebook and redo the links:
Menu -> Settings -> Accounts & sync -> Add Account -> Facebook for HTC Sense -> Sign Out
Then just go back and sign in again. It cleared out all the pictures linked with Facebook and then over the next few minutes slowly filled them all back in with the updated pictures for everyone.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Here's a little something some can try. Didn't work for contact pics, but updated the "online directory" pictures.

I'm not sure if anyone has already figured this out but I just did it by accident a few minutes ago.

If your facebook contact has changed their picture and you want to update it on your phone, go to
People > Online Directory > Facebook > Click refresh.

It updates everyones pictures so it may take a while if you have alot of contacts.

If it freezes or seems to stop updating, turn off screen, then turn back on quickly.

I tried a soft reset but that didnt update in the people list. Oh well..

This was taken from MTC over at Android Forums

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible