PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Droid Incredible (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   Beware of what you browse on your Incredible (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125770)

QMeli907 06-19-2010 09:06 AM

Beware of what you browse on your Incredible

Apparently our phones bookmark certain images to the phones memory from websites we visit (bank pages, emails, etc).

Just beware what you search. Apparently a fix is in the near future, but just beware.

Here's the full article

BetaMan 06-20-2010 10:05 AM

Re: Beware of what you browse on your Incredible

Download "Dolphin" browser from the Market and use it instead. It's the original "Pinch to Zoom" browser with lots more features than Googles, and best of all, THEY DON'T SPY ON YOU!

CNET rated it the best browser for Android. I downloaded it and have been using it and it works much better than the stock browser!

Try it!

QMeli907 06-20-2010 11:37 AM

Thank you very much, I will try this!

Carla 06-21-2010 01:19 AM

I use Dolphin HD and love it.

w7excursion 06-21-2010 01:27 AM

Erased

bast525 06-23-2010 04:23 PM

This has been so overblown... please dont give in to the hype guys. The browser caches thumbnail, as it does on EVERY Sense UI device. The only difference is in the Inc, it stores them on the built in 8 gig storage, instead of on the SD card.

If you want to clear the cache, use Astro, go into the emmc folder, then DCIM, you will see the thumbnail folder there and can delete them. If you are selling/returning the phone, make sure you format the internal storage, in addition to doing a hard reset.

Don't let overblown media stories make you paranoid....

Lost My Mind 06-26-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bast525 (Post 1832830)
If you want to clear the cache, use Astro, go into the emmc folder, then DCIM, you will see the thumbnail folder there and can delete them.

Careful with that. After reading this, I did just that. I then put my phone down, and didn't use it for another hour or so. Then when I did use it, the phone wouldn't see the 16GB (bought at a verizon store) SD card, even though it was inside.

I took out the card, and reinserted, no difference. I restarted the phone. No difference. I took the card out, then turned the phone off. Put the card back in, and turned the phone on. Card was read, and has been working ever since.

I can't say that deleting that folder DID cause it, but it is kinda strange that it all started right after I did that. It never happened before that, and hasn't happened since.

This happened 2 hours after the post was made about deleting those cache pics (thats when I read it).

jbh00jh 06-28-2010 10:55 AM

I delete the the contents of emmc/.bookmark_thumb1 on a daily basis and it has never bothered my sd card.

bradart 06-30-2010 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost My Mind (Post 1839174)
Careful with that. After reading this, I did just that. I then put my phone down, and didn't use it for another hour or so. Then when I did use it, the phone wouldn't see the 16GB (bought at a verizon store) SD card, even though it was inside.

I took out the card, and reinserted, no difference. I restarted the phone. No difference. I took the card out, then turned the phone off. Put the card back in, and turned the phone on. Card was read, and has been working ever since.

I can't say that deleting that folder DID cause it, but it is kinda strange that it all started right after I did that. It never happened before that, and hasn't happened since.

This happened 2 hours after the post was made about deleting those cache pics (thats when I read it).

I will warn you that android is still very young and there are some bizarre-ass bugs. Just because you make a cause doesn't mean everything that happens is an effect.

Sometimes on my hero, my notification bar will literally vanish. I can still hit menu on the home screen and see my notifications, but the bar doesn't come back until after a restart. Sometimes my card will just stop being readable (which corrupts every running app and requires a reinstall of all of them because i use apps2sd), but there are never the same conditions leading up to it. I recommend deleting that cache again. I can almost guarantee you won't have that issue the next time you delete it.