PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 12:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC imagio
Carrier: verizon

psalm462 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Where are the apps saving to?

I am downloading apps, but I don't see the memory on the SD card dropping? Can you save your apps on the card like I could with the Imagio (windows mobile) or just on the phone memory?

If I can save on the SD card, how can I get that set up. I have only had the phone for three hours so still learning it. Windows Mobile user for six years, so this is taking some time, but I love the look, feel and apps.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-08-2010, 01:23 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: Where are the apps saving to?

I don't think you can save apps to SD without root. It may be a feature of 2.2, but I am not positive on that.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You can not save apps on the Incredible to SD card yet. Once it gets rooted you will be able to with apps2sd. Apps2sd is built in to Froyo but needs to be implemented by each software developer before it will work. No one knows a drop date for Froyo on the Incredible yet.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 06-09-2010, 03:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC imagio
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

psalm462 is a n00b

Thanks for the replys. Has anyone cone close to running out of storage cause they have downloaded too many apps?
Old 06-09-2010, 08:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Not that I know of. Most programs are pretty small and I can install over 100 apps on my Droid and not run out of memory. So you should be fine. Also, some apps will already install graphics and stuff to SDCard on their own so that they don't take up more room then they have to.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I've downloaded about 50 apps so far, about a third of them games, and I have 605 MB free still. Most of the fancy 3d games will place a large portion of their graphics and sound data on your SD card, as mentioned above. Most apps I have are 500 k to 4 MB in size.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible