PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6800
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

jhasty01 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
'DROID INCREDIBLE' --- HD2? Flash to WM?

Hello,

I have Verizon so it looks like rather than getting the HD2 or EVO 4G, I am stuck with the Incredible.

Has anyone attempted to flash it to Windows Mobile? The only way I will get this phone is if I can put WM on it.

What do you guys recommend? I could go with the Imagio... I need to retire this ppc6800/titan back from when Alltel existed. I have to admit, it runs wm6.5 decent and it's still kicking like a champ..

Thank you.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: At&t Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Wil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Wil Badger Send a message via AIM to Wil Badger Send a message via MSN to Wil Badger Send a message via Yahoo to Wil Badger
Re: 'DROID INCREDIBLE' --- HD2? Flash to WM?

Not possible that I'm aware of. Most people want to go the other way and get Android on to WinMo phones.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jhasty01 is a n00b

Yuck.

I am sure that it is possible, but it may not have been done yet or enough that you have seen evidence of it.

Any others? !
Old 06-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: At&t Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Wil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Wil Badger Send a message via AIM to Wil Badger Send a message via MSN to Wil Badger Send a message via Yahoo to Wil Badger

Well lets see the phone has just been released so I'm going to stick with what I said before. No it has not been done nor is anybody looking to do it.

Try going over to XDA and ask the same question and I'm sure you will get the same answer.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jhasty01 is a n00b

Sweet, thanks for your reply.

Anyway --

If there are any other users who have Verizon that want the snapdragon 1ghz processor and prefer the Windows Mobile technology over google's operating system-----feel free to reply.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:29 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

Thread moved to proper forum.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 06-06-2010, 12:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: vzw

brif4i is a n00b

Yea ummmm no
Old 06-06-2010, 01:11 AM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(Droid I): Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; ADR6300 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Ok first off coming for someone who has both the EVO and the incredible, the incredible is a great device and is on par or better in most areas plus it Verizon (witch is more reliable then Sprint)

Op to ur question winmo can be ported to this device, but I don't think it will ever happen due to the cost of the tools and software needed to make this happen!

Old 06-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhasty01 View Post
Sweet, thanks for your reply.

Anyway --

If there are any other users who have Verizon that want the snapdragon 1ghz processor and prefer the Windows Mobile technology over google's operating system-----feel free to reply.
you can always get the LG Fathom it has a 1ghz snapdragon. correct me if I am wrong but it is the only windows mobile phone on Verizon that has the snapdragon. it doesnt look like a bad phone but I will never give up my incredible for anything 6.5.whatever they will have to pry it out of my cold dead hands.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

if the "incredible" came with winmo on it, pretty sure it would be called the "mediocre." haha, sorry i just had to...

as the post above says, check out the lg fathom, pretty sure it has a hardware keyboard though, not sure if you wanted that or not. but its your only choice on verizon with a snapdragon in it. best of luck

may i ask why you want winmo so badly? maybe give android a shot, the incredible is a great phone, you can always return it within 30 days and switch to the fathom, just a thought.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible