PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touchpro Energy.HERMAN.24631.Sense2.5.Cookie.Sep.4
Carrier: alltel

frizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy I must be the only one who returned mine

sorry guys. after a day and a half with android on the incredible I took it back. I suppose that I geeked out to much over the hardware. I am a long time wm user and it just seemed like android would be great for my mom, but not for a business user. thats ok. just wanted to warn others that its not for everyone. its just a more than a little bit iphoneish.by the way capacitive screens may be in or future but nothing compares to a fingernail and a resistive screen for precision.

Last edited by frizzlefry; 05-05-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff
Re: I must be the only one who returned mine

well, i wouldn't say its just for mothers, haha. i think its a great phone. i came from the tp2. (and this is just a personal thing, but i HATE resistive screens, not trying to bash, thats just me. they feel so cheap, especially the bigger they get.) anywho, what exactly didn't work out for you business wise? a day and a half isn't much to test a phone...what was the main thing that drove you away?

i am just curious. i find android to be an amazing os with lots of potential. the way it syncs (well google stuff) is so seamless and easy. everything on the incredible seems to work together so much better than on my old tp/tp2. i would just assume that the business side of it should work just as well, but i guess it didn't. please explain what drove you away, i think it would be beneficial to those looking to get this phone or possibly thinking or returning it like you did. thanks
Old 05-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

A day and a half , not enough time to check out all the business apps available.
Probably just bit off more than he could chew.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 05-05-2010, 09:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

frizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

actually there is just not enough there to chew. for the truly hardcore wm tweaker it is a step backwards. it reminds me of the old locked down nokia phones we had before. truly i have so few posts because i have so few problems with wm. I will stop short of calling you all fanbois if you lay off of me. trust me you will miss wm if you like wm. that is all i am saying. btw, i loved the hardware with the exception of the screen. its the os that sucks, of course it runs fast, there just isn't that much to it.

edit. the thing that drove me away was i like how wm handles email, and how everything is made for idiots, in a good way. like for my mom.
android is for the masses like the iphone, not for the 1%
a day and a half is plenty enough to want to smash that piece of shite
and whats up with not being able to save an attachment to the device and not to the sd card

Last edited by frizzlefry; 05-05-2010 at 09:08 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
actually there is just not enough there to chew. for the truly hardcore wm tweaker it is a step backwards. it reminds me of the old locked down nokia phones we had before. truly i have so few posts because i have so few problems with wm. I will stop short of calling you all fanbois if you lay off of me. trust me you will miss wm if you like wm. that is all i am saying. btw, i loved the hardware with the exception of the screen. its the os that sucks, of course it runs fast, there just isn't that much to it.

edit. the thing that drove me away was i like how wm handles email, and how everything is made for idiots, in a good way. like for my mom.
Don't think I will miss the lags , freezes , countless soft resets and limited available apps and lack of memory .
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i'm glad I don't have those problems. I spouse I am the only one who runs no2chem's oc with no problems too
Old 05-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC incredible

jtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post

android is for the masses like the iphone, not for the 1%
and whats up with not being able to save an attachment to the device and not to the sd card
you must be one of those true dedicated WM users that we only hear about and never meet, kinda like a myth. I'm not bashing WM I have had quit a few of them myself from the samsung i700 to the late touch pro before switching to android, I love the ability to customize WM to no end but i was always doing a soft or a hard reset and then there was the lack of apps, just like WM android gets better once it is rooted. and if you recall it generally takes quit a while to unlock a WM phone, probably longer than it takes for an android phone. it just seems to me that you didn't give it a fair chance but to each its own, I am still a MS fanboy at heart but I will not give up my android phone for any WM6.5 phone for anything
Old 05-05-2010, 09:48 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Tp2 < incredible, resistive < capacitive.

To each their own, I been a long time winmo user and you can easily customize and play with android as ya can winmo, we got clocks, roms, themes, you can use different messaging apps that are fully customizable, you can flash radios, hell even flash different kernels, we've got ports already I. E. Desire to nexus one, different widgets, live wallpaper, make your home screens exactly how ya want it,

I know the incredible you can make themes by setting em up and saving them, hell make one a business one... And I saw no one bashing you just giving their opinion too and asking for reasons as to why ya don't like it.

If you like your tp2 that's awesome more power too ya, but to say winmo is more customizable is just not true. Just wait till the incredible can install custom roms, root, flash radios and kernel and packages and different cameras and etc..... I woulda gave it more of a shot...

Oh, and right around the corner is froyo, to support apps to SD, and who cares about apps2sd with 700 mb memory for apps.... just saying

Last edited by Dragon2; 05-05-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuite View Post
you must be one of those true dedicated WM users that we only hear about and never meet, kinda like a myth. I'm not bashing WM I have had quit a few of them myself from the samsung i700 to the late touch pro before switching to android, I love the ability to customize WM to no end but i was always doing a soft or a hard reset and then there was the lack of apps, just like WM android gets better once it is rooted. and if you recall it generally takes quit a while to unlock a WM phone, probably longer than it takes for an android phone. it just seems to me that you didn't give it a fair chance but to each its own, I am still a MS fanboy at heart but I will not give up my android phone for any WM6.5 phone for anything
+1 to this.
Getting the incredible June 26th when I'm able to upgrade! Woo!
Old 05-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(Droid I): Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; ADR6300 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

The Droid I was the first phone that I didn't mind losing my hardware lb and losing winmo! this phone is great fast responsive, a lot of member and tons of room to grow! as u can see by my Sig I hated winmo 6.5 and stood beside 6.1 till now! I probly will get a winmo 7 device but I get a new phone every year and winmo devices are tired right now , due to winmo 6.1 and the 6.5.x series having no more expanding! (until 7) Android is just a business aimed as winmo and its base is better then winmo best!

I do feel its true that Android is between winmo and the iPhone OS , all the muti-tasking of winmo but the smoothness and fresh approach of the iPhone OS sans being locked down!!
so far I lock the combo!!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible