PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Droid Incredible (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   Moderators take their jobs too seriously. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=122883)

jeff327 05-29-2010 07:34 AM

Moderators take their jobs too seriously.

I came to the Incredible forum from the Imago forum. Not once did I see threads moved and merged into other ones. But the moderators here at the Incredible forums take their jobs way too seriously. They are always moving threads and merging them into other threads that have nothing to do with each other. Even if they are similar threads who cares. I mean this is a forum about phones. Stop thinking you have this powerful job. You are suppose to make sure the language is not offensive. Get over yourself. Let us have fun with this forum and enjoy what we can learn about our phones. This is not highschool and this is not the place to try to be the hall monitor again.

redd214 05-29-2010 07:47 AM

Re: Moderators take their jobs too seriously.

have you ever been to an unmoderated forum? merging and movin threads is done to prevent clutter and repetiviness. no point in having 5 threads on the same or similar topic. sounds like you may be taking the forums too seriously lol ;)

this will probably get moved or merged also. if you want to complain more head on over to the evo forum theres plenty of that going on in there but there is also a suggestion forum at the top if you feel theyre being unreasonable.

coolingoutofhabit 05-29-2010 08:58 AM

I agree with both of you. The moderators are kinda over the top in the Incredible threads. I made a post a week or so about a new facebook for android version. The mods moved it to a general room about Apps for android. Everyone then told me that the version was not new...it was new just only to the Incredible folks.

But, I shrugged it off because this is just a forum. Jeff327, forget about it.

brif4i 05-29-2010 01:04 PM

they do an incredible job if you ask me \\:D/

D/\SH 05-29-2010 02:04 PM

you have to keep a forum clean otherwise people will complain that they cant find anything or that there area is being overtaken but differnet topic or phones... give the mods some slack and instead of saying that they suck or whatever what would you do in their spot differently?

Dr.8820 05-29-2010 02:10 PM

Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

in before the lock ;).

Biggzz 05-29-2010 02:59 PM

slipping in before the closer.

Adrianh85 05-29-2010 03:29 PM

Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(Droid I): Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; ADR6300 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Are u serious op please stop crying!!

DirkDiggler 05-29-2010 04:35 PM

I think this issue is mainly with the android sub-forums, try making any sense of the Evo pre-order discussion! People get a little mod power and it goes to their heads! :cwm10:

Dr.8820 05-29-2010 05:27 PM

Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirkDiggler
I think this issue is mainly with the android sub-forums, try making any sense of the Evo pre-order discussion! People get a little mod power and it goes to their heads! :cwm10:

if you read any of the evo forums, they all say the same thing. how much can you say about a phone that's not out yet?