PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 01:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Don't like Sense?

I found a post in another forum promoting this site:

http://www.wjddesigns.com/2010/05/15...cher-and-apps/

If you take a look at the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7J_x...layer_embedded

The apps listed on the site will give you the 'nexus feel' to your Incredible. It doesn't disable Sense, but runs with it. I have heard reports there is minimal if any lag, and there are some issues (you can't see images on your internal storage), but overall it seems to work well and gives that system drawer like in Android stiock OS (not sure of the terminology on that one.

From site:

"So you got your HTC Incredible and have been loving the heck out of it so far but, your watching those Evo andDesire videos with the Nexus One style Application Launcher and 5 screen dot retro look. Well it is time to get a little senseless and take out HTC’s overlay (no clue why you want this but ehh experimental purposes work) Anywho all you have to do is grab these APK files and drag and drop them on your SDCARD from your computer. Once you drag them on to the SDCARD you can use Astro file manager (free in Market Place) open it and it will install it (that goes with all other APK files) Once the launcher is installed hit the home key, it will ask you which launcher you want – we want the non Sense one – click it and if you want to use the home button to send to the center homescreen panel (if you don’t it will always ask what launcher you want to use which will make for a great launcher.."

Not sure why, but I can't add the files at this time, I'll try again later.
edit: Files are here!!!
Attached Files
File Type: apk Launcher2.apk (4.72 MB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: apk GenieWidget.apk (534.8 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: apk Gallery_Andrizoid.apk (829.6 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: apk MusicInstallable.apk (340.2 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by syrguy1969; 05-18-2010 at 09:54 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Don't like Sense?

You can install any launcher app from the market. Clear the defaults from Sense in settings and when you tap on the Home button it will ask which launcher you would like to use. I checked this the other day on a store demo phone.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Re: Don't like Sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
You can install any launcher app from the market. Clear the defaults from Sense in settings and when you tap on the Home button it will ask which launcher you would like to use. I checked this the other day on a store demo phone.
Come on wolf , quit playing with the demos and order you one man. haha

Sent from my Droid Incredible with Tapatalk Pro
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 05-18-2010, 06:46 PM
VIP Member

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
Come on wolf , quit playing with the demos and order you one man. haha
Convince my wife for me and I will be happy to.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I hear ya man .
Tell her it is an investment in the future , that's what I did (used her upgrade) .haha
If & when she needs a new one I 'll get her one.

Sent from my Droid Incredible with Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-18-2010, 07:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

cOnTaGoUs is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
i hear ya man .
Tell her it is an investment in the future , that's what i did (used her upgrade) .haha
if & when she needs a new one i 'll get her one.
epic ^.-.^
Old 05-18-2010, 09:45 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Thanks for pointing that out blazingwolf, very helpful and one I will check out. Is the market version the entire package (music, gallery + launcher) or just the launcher?

(I'm pimping the Incredible to all my friends + family!!!!)

PS....I did manage to add the files to the first post if anyone is interested!!

Last edited by syrguy1969; 05-18-2010 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:38 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Thanks for pointing that out blazingwolf, very helpful and one I will check out. Is the market version the entire package (music, gallery + launcher) or just the launcher?

(I'm pimping the Incredible to all my friends + family!!!!)

PS....I did manage to add the files to the first post if anyone is interested!!
I don't believe the market has any of the files that you attached here as those are the default files of the 2.1 OS (or they look to be any way by name). I just meant that you can install any available launcher such as Helix launcher, Launcher Pro, etc.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:28 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Ah...OK...I got it now...I am really thinking of trying this out (haven't had time yet, but I have the files in my dropbox ready to go). I don't think I will bother with the music or gallery ones, but the launcher looks cool, so I may try it out just for a little variety. I figure if I don't like it I can uninstall....no harm done!!

Thanks again Blazingwolf, you have always been helpful with the Omnia and now here!!
Old 05-19-2010, 10:09 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Ah...OK...I got it now...I am really thinking of trying this out (haven't had time yet, but I have the files in my dropbox ready to go). I don't think I will bother with the music or gallery ones, but the launcher looks cool, so I may try it out just for a little variety. I figure if I don't like it I can uninstall....no harm done!!

Thanks again Blazingwolf, you have always been helpful with the Omnia and now here!!
My pleasure.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible