PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 01:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

cOnTaGoUs is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
multi screen wallpaper on Inc?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk84h...eature=channel

in the above video is a preview of Samsung new phone, ignore the whole video, but the part im asking about, its with the wallpaper. My inc is still on its way so haven't played with it yet, but i was wondering if we can do the same sort of thing as the wallpaper on this phone?

notice when he switches screen, the wallpaper stays the same but moves to the next part in im guessing a huge widescreen wallpaper.

Hope im explaining this in English and you understand what im on about lol, just wondering if this is possible on the inc, and maybe someone has a video of it working?

Thats all, awesome if someone does, thanks

Conty
Old 05-18-2010, 11:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: multi screen wallpaper on Inc?

Actually that is just the way it is, you don't chose that feature.

Basically your standard Incredible wallpaper is 960 pixels wide by 800 high (960x800). If you know the WVGA dimensions, you will notice that is too wide for a 480x800 screen. The extra 480 is to give the background that panoramic look while you switch screens.

Did that explain it or did I muddle it a bit more trying to break it down for you?

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Actually that is just the way it is, you don't chose that feature.

Basically your standard Incredible wallpaper is 960 pixels wide by 800 high (960x800). If you know the WVGA dimensions, you will notice that is too wide for a 480x800 screen. The extra 480 is to give the background that panoramic look while you switch screens.

Did that explain it or did I muddle it a bit more trying to break it down for you?
Oh cool, i get ya, thanks, I thought the actual backgrounds was same size of screen.. thats awesome because I have some personal graphics I can use, I didn't want to have to crop them. Thanks for a clear answer
Old 05-18-2010, 02:52 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

If your images are at least that size (960x800) or larger, your good to go, but if they are smaller you may wind up wanting newer images as they may get pixelated on the Incredible screen. There are a few good wallpaper sites and threads (including one right here in PPCGeeks) if you want to look around, or if you have an image/idea in mind but don't know how, you can always ask or post it here and people will help you out with it.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119941
Old 05-18-2010, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
If your images are at least that size (960x800) or larger, your good to go, but if they are smaller you may wind up wanting newer images as they may get pixelated on the Incredible screen. There are a few good wallpaper sites and threads (including one right here in PPCGeeks) if you want to look around, or if you have an image/idea in mind but don't know how, you can always ask or post it here and people will help you out with it.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119941
Thanks gfx is kinda one of the things i do, but always expected to make small images like on my omnia, never like doing that, this is awesome news thanks
Old 05-18-2010, 03:26 PM
VIP Member

I came from the Omnia as well....great device!!!!

Larger images work well also because the Incredible has a crop feature that works pretty well. You can also download an app to change your wallpaper occasionally (I have a folder full on my CD card) or even sync it with flikr to use a wallpaper folder from there (save memory, maybe use a wee bit more battery though.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
I came from the Omnia as well....great device!!!!

Larger images work well also because the Incredible has a crop feature that works pretty well. You can also download an app to change your wallpaper occasionally (I have a folder full on my CD card) or even sync it with flikr to use a wallpaper folder from there (save memory, maybe use a wee bit more battery though.

Thats pretty cool idea, How bad is the battery? I've seen people bitch about it so much, is it worth getting the extended battery for the tp2 or imagio or what not? Thanks again for the advice cant wait for it to arrive...

*edit*

Also yes i love my omina, never had a problem with it, but lately the internet is so dodgey on it, just cuts out here and there, i was a flash aholic back in the day tho hehe
Old 05-18-2010, 09:28 PM
VIP Member

I know what you mean about flashing...I was flashing almost daily. I have my Omnia so tricked out the guys in the VZW shop I frequent couldn't believe it wasn't a device newer than the Omnia LOL!!!!

The battery is not the best, but the Incredible is a powerful device, so I kinda expected that. Be warned though...for the first few days don't go too far from a charger. I found (and a lot of people also posted this) the Incredible needed to 'learn' battery usage and seemed to stabilize itself after a few days to a point that is pretty close to what I was getting with my Omnia with moderate usage (at 9:30pm now I am at 35% after unplugging from the charger at about 7am).

An expanded battery wouldn't be a bad idea to have on hand, I purchased a few extra USB cords + USB plug-in chargers to keep in places I frequent (work, car, home...) to make sure I'm safe.

I'm learning the ropes with apps + markets, so please feel free to ask anything you like, I'm new but learning!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
I know what you mean about flashing...I was flashing almost daily. I have my Omnia so tricked out the guys in the VZW shop I frequent couldn't believe it wasn't a device newer than the Omnia LOL!!!!

The battery is not the best, but the Incredible is a powerful device, so I kinda expected that. Be warned though...for the first few days don't go too far from a charger. I found (and a lot of people also posted this) the Incredible needed to 'learn' battery usage and seemed to stabilize itself after a few days to a point that is pretty close to what I was getting with my Omnia with moderate usage (at 9:30pm now I am at 35% after unplugging from the charger at about 7am).

An expanded battery wouldn't be a bad idea to have on hand, I purchased a few extra USB cords + USB plug-in chargers to keep in places I frequent (work, car, home...) to make sure I'm safe.

I'm learning the ropes with apps + markets, so please feel free to ask anything you like, I'm new but learning!!
Awesome thanks alot dude you seem like a cool guy, maybe i saw you back in the day on my omnia here at ppc
Old 05-19-2010, 09:31 AM
VIP Member

Anytime!! I enjoy helping when I can (I usually wind up learning something as well), so feel free to ask. I have seen you in other threads, and if you have seen my username in other forums/communities, it is a 99.9% chance it is me...I belong to a bunch and like to keep the same ID.

Let us know when you get the Incredible, I think your in for a treat!!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible