PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

cOnTaGoUs is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can everyone test this? see if its all inc phones or just some?

This is a test someone has done and found might be a ground problem with the HTC inc, not really a massive problem, and i'm still happy i got the phone, (cant wait for it to get here) but wondered if everyone was having this issue, because it could be bad enough for a recall or something, and i just don't need that hehe

Thanks

Link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQRgT3gtmsI

Last edited by cOnTaGoUs; 05-18-2010 at 12:13 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff
Re: Can everyone test this? see if its all inc phones or just some?

well mine works fine. i can place it on any surface in my house and use it without touching it with my other hand. however i have not used the car dock, so i can not make any claims about that.

i am really glad i do not work in a foam factory i guess, or have a phone dock made of foam, or would even think about setting my phone on a piece of foam...you get the point. sometimes people nit pick a little too far.

hey guess what?! shocking new discovery! if you place you phone in a bucket of water and try to use it, it doesn't work, wtf?! i want my money back!
Old 05-18-2010, 12:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post

hey guess what?! shocking new discovery! if you place you phone in a bucket of water and try to use it, it doesn't work, wtf?! i want my money back!
Kinda lame response tbh, but thanks i guess, i really am not complaining about this at all, was just letting people know what iv'e been reading, because if its a hardware defect things could get nasty in the future...

on another note, glad to know your phone works great on multi surfaces :0
Old 05-18-2010, 05:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Took a while to find some foam , but mine works fine. Some people have too time on their hands. And I do have a sceen protector on also.haha

Sent from my Droid Incredible with Tapatalk Pro
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 05-18-2010, 09:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible/Touch Pro 2

BetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good work

Mine works fine also. I DO have a screen protector on it and it works fine on ANY surface (other than water or any other liquid or contaminant. This of course, would be stupid for a test LOL)

Use it with confidence! Best phone I've ever had or even seen!

Verizon Droid Incredible => Touch Pro 2 => XV6800 => XV6700 => XV6600
Old 05-18-2010, 09:19 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

All this noise is comming from over at xda . They are saying the phone has to be grounded for the screen to work or to be charged. Whatever ,mine works in my car , on my pillow etc. No problems.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible/Touch Pro 2

BetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
All this noise is comming from over at xda . They are saying the phone has to be grounded for the screen to work or to be charged. Whatever ,mine works in my car , on my pillow etc. No problems.

DUDE! I hope not at the same time!!! If so, where do you live/drive???
Old 05-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cOnTaGoUs View Post
Kinda lame response tbh, but thanks i guess, i really am not complaining about this at all, was just letting people know what iv'e been reading, because if its a hardware defect things could get nasty in the future...

on another note, glad to know your phone works great on multi surfaces :0
i wasn't directing that sarcasm at you, just poking fun at the situation, but after reading my post again i can see why you took it that way. sorry, i really meant no offence by it.

does yours have issues? i would just take it into verizon until they give you one that works correctly, that is if it truly is limiting its performance for you. i planned on getting a car dock someday, maybe i should before my 30 days are up, i'd hate to have it not work when docked.

seriously though, just keep taking it back until one works. verizon/htc may have to learn the hard way. if they get 1,000s of phones sent back for this problem, maybe just maybe they won't do it again, haha
Old 05-18-2010, 11:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Interesting test. Have you found any other surfaces it won't work on? I have tried on every surface I could think of, including a jury-rigged rubber-band hammock (basically as close to hanging in thin air as I could think of) and mine works great!! In fact mine is so sensitive at times the screen actually reacts before my finger physically touches the screen at times, almost like the static charge is enough at times.

Most easily reacting device I have used, including the i-devices!!

Old 05-18-2010, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

lol guys, I haven.t got mine yet, I just didn't want there to be a recall o all devices if they found it HAD a grounding problem, as we all know things like can be a pain in the ass..

Glad its only on some phones make me feel good.

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible