PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Droid Incredible (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   Bricked Inc.? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=121444)

FaSSt9602 05-17-2010 11:50 AM

Bricked Inc.?

So yesterday my phone got an icon up top that said phone storage was low. How, I am not sure since I have only DL'd a couple apps. The only large file I can see is the mail file, which would be my work email that has 130mb of data...:disgust:

So, I have been trying to change settings so that I only keep a couple weeks worth of emails and deleting some of what is there already there. Every time I try to get into mail, it tells me the mail program is not responding and I have to force close it, and it won't let me back in. ](*,)

So, this morning I tried to shut it down and try again. Now it will boot the HTC screen, then the Verizon, then loops back to the HTC, Verizon, HTC, Verizon, etc...and won't boot. :scratch::angry7:

Time to head to Verizon this morning I think...I know they are going to want to try a hard reset.

RLKirk 05-17-2010 11:58 AM

Re: Bricked Inc.?

go onto your mailaccount on a pc delete whatever you can then resync with your phone that might also work

FaSSt9602 05-17-2010 12:02 PM

I can't get it to start up at this point. It is stuck looping on the HTC and Verizon screens.

jbh00jh 05-17-2010 12:25 PM

Take the battery out for 5 minutes and try it again.

FaSSt9602 05-17-2010 12:35 PM

Had it out for over 30 minutes and nothing...still just keeps looping.

jbh00jh 05-17-2010 12:54 PM

I can't think of anything that would break that cycle. You could try holding the home button down for 10 secs or the menu button .
Might have to do a hard reset. If you take it to vzw you are going to have to show them how to do it.haha
Just google htc incredible hard reset , all the instructions are there. You will have to do the one with the buttons. I did mine when I first got it so I would know how if needed later. Nothing to it. Good luck

Sent from my Droid Incredible with Tapatalk Pro

tvandyck7 05-17-2010 11:22 PM

You must have something else going on. I have sms/mms messages from Dec to now and 2 email accounts and over 50 apps installed. I have never seen that message. The Inc has more memory than the Droid. Something's not right. You must have a memory leak somewhere.

coolingoutofhabit 05-18-2010 07:28 AM

To hard reset just hold Volume Down and Power till the screen pops up and then follow the onscreen steps.

This might not help since the phone is cycling...but maybe your storing mails on local storage...is there a way to put it on the sd card or phone storage? Are the other storage locations mounted?

FaSSt9602 05-19-2010 05:42 PM

So Verizon did a hard reset on the phone 2 days ago. This afternoon I get the notification that "phone storage is low on space" again! The total space on the phone storage is 6.60GB, and there is 6.46GB Available! WHAT GIVES?!

blazingwolf 05-19-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaSSt9602 (Post 1762512)
So Verizon did a hard reset on the phone 2 days ago. This afternoon I get the notification that "phone storage is low on space" again! The total space on the phone storage is 6.60GB, and there is 6.46GB Available! WHAT GIVES?!

What programs are you using on the device? Did you leave it stock to see if this helped?