PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Droid Incredible (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   Could you bring the incredable to other networks? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=121240)

Lost My Mind 05-15-2010 05:06 AM

Could you bring the incredable to other networks?

Would you be able to bring this phone to any other network?

Specifically boost mobile

jbh00jh 05-15-2010 08:16 AM

Re: Could you bring the incredable to other networks?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost My Mind (Post 1754067)

Is Boost Mobile a cdma network or a gsm network ?
If it's not a cdma , no chance.

NCX Designs 05-15-2010 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost My Mind (Post 1754067)

Boost mobile is nextel: CDMA
(not my answer)

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_boost_mobile_cdma_or_gsm

and Sprint gobbled them up so yeah, Sprint, but that doesn't jive with the fact that Virgin Mobile is there pre-paid carrier

Edit: yep, Boost is owned by Sprint and here's the info: http://www.boostmobile.com/about/mediacenter/index.html

Quote:

Boost Mobile, part of the Sprint Prepaid Group, offers wireless phones and services with no long-term contracts. Boost Mobile redefines value for wireless consumers with its 'Monthly Unlimited' service, offering unlimited nationwide talk, text and Web for $50 per month, and with its 'BlackBerry Monthly Unlimited' service, offering unlimited nationwide talk, text, Web and email for $60 per month. Boost Mobile 'Monthly Unlimited' offers flat-rate, nationwide service on the Nationwide Sprint and Nextel National Networks, reaching over 276 and 277 million people respectively, with no activation, roaming, traveling or long distance fees. Boost Mobile offers a selection of quality handsets from Motorola, Sanyo and Research In Motion, ranging from entry-level to high-end. Boost-branded wireless phones are available nationwide at nearly 20,000 major retail stores, including Best Buy, RadioShack, Target and Walmart, Sprint retail stores, independent wireless dealer locations, and on HSN, a leading television home shopping network; with Re-Boost® available at approximately 100,000 locations throughout the U.S. Purchase and experience Boost Mobile on the Web at MySpace, Facebook, Twitter and www.boostmobile.com.

Lost My Mind 05-15-2010 07:03 PM

Well, I knew sprint owned boost, and I knew both sprint and boost were CDMA...but I was asking if this phone would be able to be activated/used on boost mobiles network.

Evo apparently cant be used on boost even as a 3G from what i've been told. And Evo can't even be used on verizon as well. So, now I'm trying to find out if the Incredible can be used on either sprint or boost.

I trust you guys waaaaaay more then I trust CSRs in any company reading from a script.

jbh00jh 05-15-2010 07:32 PM

OK here is how it usually goes , Sprint will not activate vzw phones on their netwoek and vzw will not activate sprint phones on their network. They always check the esn #s.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk Pro

NCX Designs 05-15-2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbh00jh (Post 1754978)
OK here is how it usually goes , Sprint will not activate vzw phones on their netwoek and vzw will not activate sprint phones on their network. They always check the esn #s.

I suggest you talk to Santod then, he got a Sprint TP1 working on the VZ network before VZ even had it, so it is possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost My Mind (Post 1754949)

I trust you guys waaaaaay more then I trust CSRs in any company reading from a script.

Well put, very well put!

jbh00jh 05-15-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCX Designs (Post 1755040)
I suggest you talk to Santod then, he got a Sprint TP1 working on the VZ network before VZ even had it, so it is possible.

Well put, very well put!

Was it a stock TP1 or had it been flashed ??

Lost My Mind 05-15-2010 08:57 PM

Not sure if I should start a seperate thread for this or not, but.......

I think I found what would be the best case scenario.

100 daytime minutes 500 night minutes + insurance + data + taxes (in my area) come to..............about 75 final bill.

On top of that, this is with verizons network. With the Incredible.
Also on top of that, you can retroactively upgrade your plan (just for that individual month, then the next month it goes back to normal) if you DO go over your minutes.

There seem to be some hidden plans verizon doesn't list. Heres what I found:

50 minutes daytime, 250 night time minutes - 20 bucks + 30 for data + 5 for 500 text messages + 7 for insurance + your local tax ???? = FINAL BILL 62 + ???(tax)

100 minutes daytime, 500 night time minutes - 25 + 30 for data + 5 for 500 text messages + 7 for insurance + your local tax ???? = FINAL BILL 67 + ??? (taxes)

300 minutes - nights and weekends unlimited - 30 + 30 for data + 5 for 500 text messages + 7 for insurance + your local tax ???? = 72 + ??? (taxes)

Does anyone else know any other hidden plans verizon doesn't want you to know?

jbh00jh 05-15-2010 09:36 PM

Also with this phone you have to have the $30.00 a month data plan that all smartphones have to have.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk Pro

NCX Designs 05-15-2010 10:00 PM

Like the data only package? ;)

$59.99 with unlimited data / unlimited texting
so without voice your saving about $10-15 a month after taxes

$39.99 + $29.99 data = $70 then you have tax etc

its not on the website you have to sign up for this special plan either in-store or on the phone. A rep called me the other day to ask if i wanted to since i don't use voice all that often, while it would save me a little i don't think it will help me in the long run if i ever need to use voice etc, it always comes down to if i were to do this, chances are i would need the voice all the time vs now when i don't even need it. thats how life works it seems lol

but i also get employee cost too so that helps a little but it doesn't discount data