PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 10:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

yjbeach is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How do you send video recorded on the Dinc to people via e-mail?

I recorded a video on my Incredible and I want to send it to some friends. How do I e-mail this to them?

I tried using the gmail widget and it does have an attachment option, but only for pictures.

I also tried holding down on the video selecting share and sending the video, but it just sends a blank e-mail with no attachment.

Anyone else know of a way to send video?

I also tried getting on gmail through the internet; but there is no attachment option.

Edit: ANSWER -->
Ok, So I found the answer. You have to limit the size of the file under settings and video length. Set it to 1MB which is only 4.5 seconds worth of video. Not really worth it.

I guess the other options are to upload them to facebook or to youtube.

They really should increase the size limit for attachments.

Last edited by yjbeach; 06-28-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

lightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stuff
Re: How do you send video recorded on the Dinc to people via e-mail?

I don't have the Dinc yet, but one surefire method would be to transfer it from your Dinc to a computer and attach it in an email.

Probably not the solution you're looking for, but it would work.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:51 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

Go to Photos, then All videos and once your here long click on the video of your choice and then select share. It will pop up a box on how you would like to share and then just select gmail/mail option. Hope this helps.
~mike

Old 06-25-2010, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yjbeach is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
Go to Photos, then All videos and once your here long click on the video of your choice and then select share. It will pop up a box on how you would like to share and then just select gmail/mail option. Hope this helps.
~mike

I tried that and it doesn't work. Look at my original post about "holding it down" and trying to share it. I tried to send it to myself and another person and the e-mail comes through but with no attachment.

Anyone else have any ideas?

I know I can transfer it via computer then to someone. Looking for a better way if I was on vacation or wanted to share something quickly.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:27 PM
Founder & Owner

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions

The question is what type of device are they carrying, that could make or break the attachment transfer. How big is the file your trying to send? I just sent out a 1.9mb file using the mail app.
~mike
Old 06-26-2010, 01:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: vzw

brif4i is a n00b

If the file is bog mpist rmail services will either bounce the mail back or get rid the attachment
Old 06-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Founder & Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by brif4i View Post
If the file is bog mpist rmail services will either bounce the mail back or get rid the attachment
"bog mpist rmail services" huh? Forgive my ignorance.
~mike
Old 06-28-2010, 02:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yjbeach is a n00b

Ok, So I found the answer. You have to limit the size of the file under settings and video length. Set it to 1MB which is only 4.5 seconds worth of video. Not really worth it.

I guess the other options are to upload them to facebook or to youtube.

They really should increase the size limit for attachments.

Last edited by yjbeach; 06-28-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: vzw

brif4i is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
"bog mpist rmail services" huh? Forgive my ignorance.
~mike
sent from my phone and I was in a hurry (didn't check what I typed)
Anyways most e-mail services limit the size of attachments you can send ... blah blah blah

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible