PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2010, 11:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Incredible tips and tricks

Every device thread has one, so I figured I would start one for the Incredible with a really cool one I found over @ Phandroid for taking clearer pictures by keeping the screen pressed a bit longer than you would tap it for the auto focus feature. It is easier and steadier than pressing the physical button to take a picture:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patkid View Post
I remember reading that you could touch the screen to show the camera where you wished it to focus.

I was trying that and in holding the focus spot on the screen after a second or so the camera snapped the shot. No push of track thingy.

Replicated.

Did I just miss this info? I was really surprised.

For me, this makes the shot really steady and clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zemerick View Post
You need to wait a bit after turning on the camera, or taking a pic. You will notice it focus a little, and center focus square will turn green then disappear. Now you can hold your finger to take a pic.

NOTE: If you held down too early, and it is not taking the pic. Slide your finger down a litte...but make sure you held on for atleast 3 seconds or it will just bring up the brightness adjustment.
I will add more as I find them, but if anyone know of any lets get them all in one place to make it easy for everyone to find!!

Another little alarm-clock tip I just found out:

If there are people out there like me that like to wake up to a song or other mp3 clip they have, the stock alarm doesn't give you the choice of one, just the stock ringers. I found that by installing an app that has the option of selecting ringtones or alerts (Handcentsms is one I have found that works) you gain this ability in setting up an alarm.

Just go to the clock settings on the Incredible, create a new alarm and when you get to the point of selecting the alarm sound (with an app like Handcent installed of course) you get a pop-up asking whick app to complete the action with. I click the 'Select music' option (with the Handcent icon) and instead of the limiti=en pop-up HTC includes you get an entire list of your custom MP3s, alerts, and the stock tones as well.

This may be public knowledge already, but I figured it would help noobies like me out!!

Last edited by syrguy1969; 05-14-2010 at 02:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Incredible tips and tricks

Which app are you using instead of Word 2010 , etc. for business reports and correspondence ?

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 05-12-2010, 03:16 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I haven't even gotten to it yet! LOL I should start thinking about an app for that.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Almost a VIP

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well , I always have my netbook for that but would like to use the phone also. Something will pop up soon I'm sure.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Documents to Go is probably the best at the moment. The free version allows you to view documents and the paid version allows editing.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Almost a VIP

l'll look it over and see if it is what I am looking for.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:45 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Documants to go works for me. Looks pretty good on the Incredible (just installed) and seems to do what I need. I forgot about this app, used to use it on an older PPC.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Almost a VIP

On BoyGeniusReport today

SKYPE to drop Windows Phone 7 ,
Focus on IPhone , Android , Symbian.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com

Last edited by jbh00jh; 05-13-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:17 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I was reading about that over on PhoneScoop as well...they are being very PC about it as-of now, but they know where the masses are going!! Makes me wish I sctually had a use for Skype LOL!!!
Old 05-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Almost a VIP

They are just making a statement about the future of WM in so many words.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible