PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible / Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

NCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Incredible tips and tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
On BoyGeniusReport today

SKYPE to drop Windows Phone 7 ,
Focus on IPhone , Android , Symbian.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk
Except, theres one thing wrong with that report.

Verizon signed an exclusive deal with Skype to be exclusive to them until a certain time, thats why it no longer works for other platforms.

another thing is, if Apple keeps going in the direction they are with governing the app store, there going to lose alot of potential apps and developers. Android has so many apps because its an "open market" so to speak, since the operating system is based on open source, there really is no moderation for the marketplace, but that could change, and if it does, lets just hope Google doesn't go the path Apple has.

Apple is also in trouble for there policies on the app store with the ITC and the Department of Justice. Adobe brought this on them for the Flash controversy thats going on. HTC is suing Apple, and Google is expected to do the same to countersue on there lawsuit against the Android OS.

Windows Phone 7 is dying an early death it seems with all the developers that are jumping ship to develop for Android, and HTC might not be keen to make as many phones for the platform as they are with Android, i mean, why else pay that royalty there paying Microsoft just to continue making Android phones? I kinda liked the operating system when it was first shown off but now with all the new info we have about it and the fact its going to be an extremely locked down OS (*cough* iphone *cough*) that just made my decision to jump ship to Android even easier, and I'm glad i did with all the new apps coming out and support Android is getting, we can pretty much say bye bye Windows Mobile if 7 doesn't fair well when it comes out. But of course Microsoft is already talking about a new OS that will be for PC / Phone / Console all tied into one with a seamless experience. If they were going to do that, why didn't they do that when they re-launched the Xbox 360 dashboard to a new version, NXE, and integrate it somehow with Windows 7 and Windows Mobile 7 to both.

Answer, Money!

Money, Money, Money! Its the same reason why Skype is only for Verizon now. (yeah, you just read the answer to my post after a long perhaps exaggerated spiel) lol

If you like my work and want to donate, click here
Want to see my themes? Click here
If I helped you in any way, please click the "THANKS" button.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCX Designs View Post
Except, theres one thing wrong with that report.

Verizon signed an exclusive deal with Skype to be exclusive to them until a certain time, thats why it no longer works for other platforms.

another thing is, if Apple keeps going in the direction they are with governing the app store, there going to lose alot of potential apps and developers. Android has so many apps because its an "open market" so to speak, since the operating system is based on open source, there really is no moderation for the marketplace, but that could change, and if it does, lets just hope Google doesn't go the path Apple has.

Apple is also in trouble for there policies on the app store with the ITC and the Department of Justice. Adobe brought this on them for the Flash controversy thats going on. HTC is suing Apple, and Google is expected to do the same to countersue on there lawsuit against the Android OS.

Windows Phone 7 is dying an early death it seems with all the developers that are jumping ship to develop for Android, and HTC might not be keen to make as many phones for the platform as they are with Android, i mean, why else pay that royalty there paying Microsoft just to continue making Android phones? I kinda liked the operating system when it was first shown off but now with all the new info we have about it and the fact its going to be an extremely locked down OS (*cough* iphone *cough*) that just made my decision to jump ship to Android even easier, and I'm glad i did with all the new apps coming out and support Android is getting, we can pretty much say bye bye Windows Mobile if 7 doesn't fair well when it comes out. But of course Microsoft is already talking about a new OS that will be for PC / Phone / Console all tied into one with a seamless experience. If they were going to do that, why didn't they do that when they re-launched the Xbox 360 dashboard to a new version, NXE, and integrate it somehow with Windows 7 and Windows Mobile 7 to both.

Answer, Money!

Money, Money, Money! Its the same reason why Skype is only for Verizon now. (yeah, you just read the answer to my post after a long perhaps exaggerated spiel) lol
Everything turns on $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ these days.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 05-14-2010, 02:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Every device thread has one, so I figured I would start one for the Incredible with a really cool one I found over @ Phandroid for taking clearer pictures by keeping the screen pressed a bit longer than you would tap it for the auto focus feature. It is easier and steadier than pressing the physical button to take a picture:

I will add more as I find them, but if anyone know of any lets get them all in one place to make it easy for everyone to find!!
I just want to mention, this camera trick works 100x better if you disable auto focus in the settings.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bast525 View Post
I just want to mention, this camera trick works 100x better if you disable auto focus in the settings.
Interesting. I kinda like the way it works for me with the auto-focus, but that will help others who find it tricky!!

@ jbh00jh and NCX Designs...I was reading a development blog for Android and this quote by an experienced developer for both Apple and Android kinda proves what your talking about as far as market + OS restrictions:

"I uploaded an app to the market Yesterday. it was published with in minutes and about 300 people downloaded it with in 12 hours.
If you ever developed an app for the iPhone you will know what does this mean to you as a developer. iPhone app store take days or even months for an app to be approved an published. That in case apple did not decide to reject your app without giving any reasons. The story does not end in here. They can remove your app whenever they decide to do so. With Android market, the story is different and what is even better is that users can install other markets or even install your app directly with no problems."

Old 05-14-2010, 02:43 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

BTW...just updated first post with a pretty cool (to me at least) trick for setting custom alarm-clock tones!!
Old 05-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Almost a VIP

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Interesting. I kinda like the way it works for me with the auto-focus, but that will help others who find it tricky!!

@ jbh00jh and NCX Designs...I was reading a development blog for Android and this quote by an experienced developer for both Apple and Android kinda proves what your talking about as far as market + OS restrictions:

"I uploaded an app to the market Yesterday. it was published with in minutes and about 300 people downloaded it with in 12 hours.
If you ever developed an app for the iPhone you will know what does this mean to you as a developer. iPhone app store take days or even months for an app to be approved an published. That in case apple did not decide to reject your app without giving any reasons. The story does not end in here. They can remove your app whenever they decide to do so. With Android market, the story is different and what is even better is that users can install other markets or even install your app directly with no problems."

Even if Verizon had the IPhone now , I would still be here using the Android Market.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible / Touch Pro 2

NCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuff

Zedge has an app that allows you use its repository on the phone directly to set ringtones and alert tones.

it allows you to keep the HTC option too so its pretty nice to be able to download something directly from Zedge.net and then be able to use it immediately without having to click links, upload it to your phone and set it as what you want.

Don't forget guys, big big big news on Wednesday, and possibly the launch of 2.2 "froyo"
lets hope they make the integrated hotspot feature a mandatory feature like the GPS and stuff, Verizon is iffy when it comes to integrated features unless the maker of the phone/hardware requires it be made available free etc
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:03 PM
Almost a VIP

Thanks for the reminder , had almost forgotten about that announcement.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:04 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCX Designs View Post

Don't forget guys, big big big news on Wednesday, and possibly the launch of 2.2 "froyo"
lets hope they make the integrated hotspot feature a mandatory feature like the GPS and stuff, Verizon is iffy when it comes to integrated features unless the maker of the phone/hardware requires it be made available free etc
Will this be the OS update I have heard about? If so, what do you think the chances of HTC + VZW releasing it for us Inc owners, or a time-frame?
Old 05-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Will this be the OS update I have heard about? If so, what do you think the chances of HTC + VZW releasing it for us Inc owners, or a time-frame?
Heard everything from June to September , depends on what site you are reading on what day.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible