PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 04:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 700w>Apache>Titan>i760>TP1>i770>TP2!!!
Carrier: VZW

skipster is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Exchange: Native or Touchdown

Folks,

I am going to be switching from a TP2 to Incredible, and am looking for opinions on Exchange usage.

I have tested TouchDown on my TP2 (running Android), and like it a lot. I especially like the idea of segregating exchange from everything else. With Android 2.1's Exchange support better than the 1.6 I tested on I was wondering what other corporate users are doing...

Thanks in advance
Skip
Old 05-11-2010, 07:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

qwho is keeping up the good workqwho is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Exchange: Native or Touchdown

Road Sync here, I like it better than both the others, because it doesn't enforce the security policy at all, not sure how that is even possible, it just does not make me have a pin number or password what so ever. There is a 14 day free trial, and I'm not sure what it is now, but it was only $9.99 when I bought it last week.

I have a friend here that has touchdown on his Eris, as our exchange does not work below 2.1, since it is so locked down. He likes it, as you said it keeps things separate from the OS, so that you can still password protect your email without having to password protect your whole phone.

If you have a lower security exchange server setup at your company then the stock app should suit you just fine.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Exchange: Native or Touchdown

I have tried the stock mail app, Moxier and Touchdown and ultimately ended up buying Touchdown because I liked the features more than the others. It also comes with some very cool widgets for appointments, tasks, emails, etc.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible