PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 02:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
signal bars... glitch or true reading?

So is everybody else experiencing a poor readout for signal strength? Seems to be an issue floating around other forums, but from what i can gather they say reception is still perfect. Anyone know if theres an issue with how the phone is reading the bars or if this is the true reading?
Old 05-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Re: signal bars... glitch or true reading?

I think this maybe just a poor readout of the android os build with this particular phone. I have 4 other devices beside me that are showing at least 1 bar difference than the Incredible.
~mike

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
I think this maybe just a poor readout of the android os build with this particular phone. I have 4 other devices beside me that are showing at least 1 bar difference than the Incredible.
~mike
yeah , some of the other forums , xda etc. , agree with what you said.
I show 1-2 bars at home with the Inc , 3 with my Imagio , but have clearer and louder calls on my Inc. Haven't dropped any calls yet. But some of the guys claim they have very poor reception with the Inc. Maybe a radio update might be needed.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Founder & Owner

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
yeah , some of the other forums , xda etc. , agree with what you said.
I show 1-2 bars at home with the Inc , 3 with my Imagio , but have clearer and louder calls on my Inc. Haven't dropped any calls yet. But some of the guys claim they have very poor reception with the Inc. Maybe a radio update might be needed.
No issues with my radio or calls either.....just not indicating proper which isn't much of a biggie to me. As long as I can call, txt and browse the web I'm fine with it.
~mike
Old 05-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Almost a VIP

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
No issues with my radio or calls either.....just not indicating proper which isn't much of a biggie to me. As long as I can call, txt and browse the web I'm fine with it.
~mike
After all I have read I quit worrying about it. It sounds the same whether I have 4 bars or 1 bar. Maybe 2.2 will update the signal display. Not really much of anything you can complain about with this handset.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT
Threadstarter

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

yea i'm not worried if it's just an incorrect readout.. to be honest i don't pay attention to bars at all anyway.
no calls lost here either and things sound good when on calls. i truly hope it's just the bars misrepresenting though... don't want this to come back to me later on.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:28 PM
Founder & Owner

Don't be worried, I work for Verizon and have had only minor issues with the device. None of which are related to the signal. Bars aren't a real good indicator since my phone shows 1 and I'm just as clear as if I had 5 bars. But most ppl seem to think you have to have max bars all the time.
~mike
Old 05-05-2010, 07:19 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Don't be worried, I work for Verizon and have had only minor issues with the device. None of which are related to the signal. Bars aren't a real good indicator since my phone shows 1 and I'm just as clear as if I had 5 bars. But most ppl seem to think you have to have max bars all the time.
~mike
I don't have a incredible but I've been reading forums, and from what I gather the actual db is down where it should be, I agree, who cares if it shows lower signals as long as the actual db is good, that's all that matters. Now as far as others with poor signals, that may just be where they live and if their new incredible don't get as good real signal as say their omnia, well its got a different radio so it just may not work well for you and that tower, when rooted try different radios that may perform better for them, but as to Blame the phone is as silly as blaming the NEXUS ONES RADIO to be bad, when really that issue is the provider and there coverage ... lol

Anyways, that's a awesome phone rock that bad boy.....
Old 05-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
I don't have a incredible but I've been reading forums, and from what I gather the actual db is down where it should be, I agree, who cares if it shows lower signals as long as the actual db is good, that's all that matters. Now as far as others with poor signals, that may just be where they live and if their new incredible don't get as good real signal as say their omnia, well its got a different radio so it just may not work well for you and that tower, when rooted try different radios that may perform better for them, but as to Blame the phone is as silly as blaming the NEXUS ONES RADIO to be bad, when really that issue is the provider and there coverage ... lol

Anyways, that's a awesome phone rock that bad boy.....
Well man , you know how it is , some of these guys have only had 1 or 2 smart phones and don't understand about radios and reception areas. They just want their new phones to work perfect , and that's not the way it works if you live in a low signal area. They will have to install a stronger radio or get a different phone.

Last edited by jbh00jh; 05-05-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:24 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
Well man , you know how it is , some of these guys have only had 1 or 2 smart phones and don't understand about radios and reception areas. They just want their new phones to work perfect , and that's not the way it works if you live in a low signal area. They will have to istall a stronger radio or get a different phone.
True, and same goes for the battery, some live in awesome coverage where the phone don't switch or search hard for signal, where others don't, causing Mad battery drainage, there's many factors in all this and hopefully they take the Time to learn....

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible