PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 11:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible / Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

NCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Tutorial: Droid Incredible screenshot capture

Ok guys, everyone seems to be having issues trying to do this so i'll be nice and make a nice little tutorial for you all. Click "Thanks" if you like or found it useful.

First of all, install the newest version of HTC Sync for your Droid Incredible
located here
**Ignore that the Droid Incredible is not listed as it is supported**

Connect your Android device to your PC, when you get the prompt to connect, choose charge only until we get to the next step.

Grab the Android SDK from here
Install the SDK to your PC, once complete exit out of the installer.

Go to Start on your PC, then in the search box type "ddms.bat" this will prompt a new CMD window to appear **DO NOT CLOSE THE CMD WINDOW!!** after a few seconds, the "Dalvik Debug Monitor" will appear

Next go your phone and go to "Settings>Applications>Development>"
Check "USB Debugging" so that it is turned on

now disconnect your phone and reconnect it to the PC
Choose "HTC Sync". Your PC will find a new hardware device and install the proper driver, once this driver is installed, you can view your phone on the DDMS/Dalvik Debug Monitor.

When your driver finishes installing, go to the Dalvik Debug Monitor / DDMS window and see if your phone showed up. (see screen cap below)

if it has showed up, use your keyboard to do shortcut command
CTRL+S

A new window will load and there you go, you got your screen capture window.

It will not work in real time, you have to click refresh each time your screen changes, this is the best way to take screenshots natively until you can either root your device or until someone makes a better screen app that doesn't require rooting.

I hope you found this tutorial helpful as i ended up having to figure this out myself.

Check out my other threads and posts and see the great amount of contributions I have made to PPC. Donations are gladly accepted but not required or expected. I only require a "Thanks" if you found my stuff helpful, useful, or you liked it. It keeps me going and keeps me inspired to try new things for you guys.

Mods: Sticky?

If you like my work and want to donate, click here
Want to see my themes? Click here
If I helped you in any way, please click the "THANKS" button.

Last edited by NCX Designs; 05-11-2010 at 04:08 PM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Tutorial: Droid Incredible screenshot capture

thanks man!
Old 05-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Finally!!!!

Old 05-07-2010, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio, Incredible
Carrier: VZW

TonyK is keeping up the good workTonyK is keeping up the good work

Do u have to do same procedure each time. I got it to work, i renamed the batch file ABC. I have to go to search each time, i renamed it because ABC when typed will be at top of page, easy to find , i might be doing this the hard way but it works. let me know if a easier way, can a file be put on desktop for easy access

If I Have Helped You, PLEASE HIT [THANKS],, THANKS

Old 05-07-2010, 11:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible / Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

NCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyK View Post
Do u have to do same procedure each time. I got it to work, i renamed the batch file ABC. I have to go to search each time, i renamed it because ABC when typed will be at top of page, easy to find , i might be doing this the hard way but it works. let me know if a easier way, can a file be put on desktop for easy access
make a shortcut to your desktop, its just regular file that runs a command prompt to load the DDMS

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible