PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 01:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro (verizon)
Carrier: Verizon

Fl00rmatt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Incredible fail with BT in car

I combed the board and haven't seen any complaints here yet. Over at the incredible forums there are quite a few, but I have better faith in the users here. So, to get to the point here; my incredible sync'd to my car's built in BT perfectly the day I got it. It randomly started to fail though yesterday afternoon in the sense that it says paired, but would disconnect the handset at random in call. Now it's completely dead...

When I manually try to connect back to the device, it will connect for a split second then say "headset disonnected." I've tried deleting the pair and resyncing on both ends multiple times and still no luck. My old TouchPro worked perfect in the car, but the phone was shite in my opinion. I've checked the manufacturer's site and they show that the Moto Droid is compatable, but not the Incredible. Maybe different firmware/BT hardware between the devices??

I know the phone just came out and as I'm a newb to Andriod OS, I'm probably being impatient, but it's still irritating the hell out of me that my new, shiny, better phone has stopped working with my car. I just got used to using voice dial and all that crap and now that it's gone I feel like a crackhead in withdrawl. Any insite or help would be AWESOME!! Thanks in advance.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: update
Carrier: verizon

polo1914 is a n00b
Re: Incredible fail with BT in car

yes, same problem here, i paired it then next day it wont connect or it does connect & then it abruptly dis connects! this is a problem, HTC told me they are aware of the problem & i should get a head set! ALL my other phones synced perfectly, but not the Incredible! very disappointing!
Old 05-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Incredible, I came from TP2
Carrier: verizon

Baadandy is a n00b

Mine has not failed in my 09 RAM, I have had it connected since they day the phone came out, I also use Motorola rocker head set when I am doing yard work without issues.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro (verizon)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Fl00rmatt is a n00b

Interesting... I tried pairing it with another motorola headset I have; came out of this ( http://www.explore64.com/explore64/G...005&mv_pc=r126 .) The headset is removable and can act as just BT headphones or even a headset to answer/make calls with. I could not for the life of me get any audio to the headset or make a call with it even though the phone said paired AND connected. I'm hopin we see another OTA update real soon.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible