PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola DROID
Carrier: Verizon

brandogg is keeping up the good workbrandogg is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Let's say I have a friend at Verizon, and I want an Incredible...

...basically I'm not up for renewal until December, but I want the Incredible...now. My friend is good friends with the manager at the local VZW place - I know the salesmen have no power, but does anyone know if a manager would be able to get me the phone and renew my contract super early? He won't be back until May 17th, so I'll let you know what happens. My friend gets accessories 50% off, and I think he got a Droid for the contract price even though he wasn't up for renewal, so I have some hope.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro duece
Carrier: sprint pcs

dav1boy is just getting started
Re: Let's say I have a friend at Verizon, and I want an Incredible...

A manager can do what ever he wants within reason. Early upgrade approval is no biggy but Im guessing they will ask u to up ur features as well if possible
Old 05-06-2010, 02:18 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

The best a manager at a corporate store could do would be one year contract pricing without any agreement at all. But its tough to corner one into doing this for you. BTW that pricing would be $269.99. But if your primary on your account on a plan over 44.99 then you maybe able to renew for a annual upgrade and get even better pricing than that.
~mike

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio, Incredible
Carrier: VZW

TonyK is keeping up the good workTonyK is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
The best a manager at a corporate store could do would be one year contract pricing without any agreement at all. But its tough to corner one into doing this for you. BTW that pricing would be $269.99. But if your primary on your account on a plan over 44.99 then you maybe able to renew for a annual upgrade and get even better pricing than that.
~mike
I Had to pay $529.00 for mine, had a year to go on contract, they wouldn't budge on price, no upgrade or anything. Been with them 8 yrs too. I did buy at Best Buy tho, i wonder if i could have got a better price at Verizon store

If I Have Helped You, PLEASE HIT [THANKS],, THANKS

Old 05-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

sweet talk him/her
Old 05-06-2010, 11:02 PM
Founder & Owner

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyK View Post
I Had to pay $529.00 for mine, had a year to go on contract, they wouldn't budge on price, no upgrade or anything. Been with them 8 yrs too. I did buy at Best Buy tho, i wonder if i could have got a better price at Verizon store
You were a secondary line? If so that makes sense, if not I'm super confused. And if you had no upgrade available, then that was the right price @ full retail. I have to purchase at full retail myself but the employee line price makes it oh so worth it.
~mike
Old 05-06-2010, 11:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
You were a secondary line? If so that makes sense, if not I'm super confused. And if you had no upgrade available, then that was the right price @ full retail. I have to purchase at full retail myself but the employee line price makes it oh so worth it.
~mike
I am the primary line Mike
Old 05-06-2010, 11:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

bishop0114 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandogg View Post
...basically I'm not up for renewal until December, but I want the Incredible...now. My friend is good friends with the manager at the local VZW place - I know the salesmen have no power, but does anyone know if a manager would be able to get me the phone and renew my contract super early? He won't be back until May 17th, so I'll let you know what happens. My friend gets accessories 50% off, and I think he got a Droid for the contract price even though he wasn't up for renewal, so I have some hope.
Just call the 800 number and tell them you are not happy with your phone and would prefer the Incredible. That is what I did, they charged me a 1 time $20.00 (non refundable) fee and sold me the phone for $250.00 with a $100 rebate. I hope that helps.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:53 PM
Founder & Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyK View Post
I am the primary line Mike
Was it exactly a year into your contract? I could check is your plan if you like....how long have you had the incredible now? I'm not sure what there return policy is.
~mike
Old 05-07-2010, 12:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Was it exactly a year into your contract? I could check is your plan if you like....how long have you had the incredible now? I'm not sure what there return policy is.
~mike
Thanks Mike that would be great, I have 13 months left in contract,
had incredible a week, 30 day return to Best Buy, you need my # i can PM you

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible