PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 08:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
preventing apps from starting at boot & task managers?

Is there somewhere i can change settings for apps that start on boot? I find it annoying that i open the advanced task killer and all these random programs are open. This can be a problem when a program i rarely use throws a random fit during the day. Some apps will even reopen under there after killing them, weird.

I want that task killer empty when i start up... maybe I'm missing something.

Also, are there any other similar task managing solutions worth looking into?
Old 05-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: preventing apps from starting at boot & task managers?

Not gonna happen. The Android OS manages programs as it sees fit. I don't think you will benefit from having zero programs running in the background. In fact, it will probably hinder your phone.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah , like I said in another thread , this isn't winmo anymore , programs running in the background are not going to slow you down , I think you have enough memory on this phone.From what I have seen so far these task managers are probably causing problems on the phone. Looks like to me Android is smart enough to take care of itself. ( handling programs).
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 05-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

heres an article that goes into more detail about what theyre talking about as far as program management:

http://geekfor.me/faq/you-shouldnt-b...-with-android/
Old 05-03-2010, 07:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT
Threadstarter

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
Yeah , like I said in another thread , this isn't winmo anymore , programs running in the background are not going to slow you down , I think you have enough memory on this phone.From what I have seen so far these task managers are probably causing problems on the phone. Looks like to me Android is smart enough to take care of itself. ( handling programs).
never said i was worried about speed... what i wanted to know is if it was possible at all to deselect some programs from starting after a reset. after all, why should they start if i don't have their notifications turned on and i haven't even launched them? A couple programs i have will crash randomly cuz they're unstable, so this is mainly why i was curious about preventing them from starting for no reason... Guess the answer is no. Some programs will stay open all the time no matter what you do?

I guess I'll try uninstalling the task killer to see if i notice any benefits tho!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
heres an article that goes into more detail about what theyre talking about as far as program management:

http://geekfor.me/faq/you-shouldnt-b...-with-android/
good read, thanks.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This system ,2.1 , is not going to change until it is rooted. Then maybe you can select what boots and what doesn't.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible