PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 12:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Gadjetguy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Android equivalent programs

Hi,

About to get my incredible and need to find the Android equivalent of a few winmo programs if they are out there.

Magicall - Filters, redirects, mutes and moves texts and phone calls per number

Phone Weaver - Allows profiles to be programed that adjust sounds and notifications for different times of the day.

A program that will allow me to initiate a text with a prefilled message that I can save as an icon to send and get my train schedule for instance, or my bank balance.

There are a few others but I will add them later.

Thanks.

Mike
Old 05-03-2010, 03:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: .
Carrier: .

milesnapue is becoming a great contributor
Re: Android equivalent programs

I realize this doesn't answer your question (yet) but when this device gets root capable and if you decide to apply superuser privileges to your phone there is an app called Gscript lite. You could do some research and figure out a simple script for the text messaging you are wanting to do as far as a one click icon to send a certain text.

Didn't help ya out much but that is something you could look into, I have seen many good scripts at xda, most needing root, some not. Just something to look at.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Gadjetguy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesnapue View Post
I realize this doesn't answer your question (yet) but when this device gets root capable and if you decide to apply superuser privileges to your phone there is an app called Gscript lite. You could do some research and figure out a simple script for the text messaging you are wanting to do as far as a one click icon to send a certain text.

Didn't help ya out much but that is something you could look into, I have seen many good scripts at xda, most needing root, some not. Just something to look at.

thanks for the heads up where to look. Hopefully I will find the programs and scripts I need. That is my only hesitation to retiring my TP2.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesnapue View Post

Didn't even know about Gscript. (Haven't researched Android that much).
I was going to try and learn to port AutoHotkeyCE over to Android as that will be one of main things I'll miss when leaving behind WM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible