PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; ADR6300 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I cannot figure how to pull info like address from a txt ! I want to copy and paste it like I do on my tp2 is this possible?

Old 05-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Threadstarter

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: can anyone copy and paste txt from a sms?

20 views and no reply damn that cold blooded!! bump
Old 05-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuff

if you use handcent sms you can tap and hold the text and select copy message text the you should be able to paste it where you want
Old 05-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
20 views and no reply damn that cold blooded!! bump
Ok -I am only replying bc of this comment. I was interested in finding an answer. I am still using WinMo. But am seriously considering the Incredible. Want to do some studying.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

dang is a n00b

Yeah, what's up with that? If I can't pull txt out of SMS that's a deal breaker.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:44 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

The stock text (SMS/MMS) app is very good (especially when compared to WinMo), but handcent and chompsms are more customizable and feature packed. They are both free in the Market and allow for copy/paste and other advanced functions, so there is really no reason not to use one of them.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
The stock text (SMS/MMS) app is very good (especially when compared to WinMo), but handcent and chompsms are more customizable and feature packed. They are both free in the Market and allow for copy/paste and other advanced functions, so there is really no reason not to use one of them.
will check them out but its a shame said feature is not apart of the great os! everything else is mms, google map with navi, a great default browser, and the sms is good (outside above problem)
Old 05-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

I'm not to sure about HTC sense but in my stock messaging if I press and hold the text it will copy the whole text message then I can paste that text message and make changes. I get a couple of options one of them is "copy message text "
Google is the next skynet
Old 05-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon-Alltel

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work

A work around is to forward the text, then you can copy what you want from the message and then discard it, but you will still have what you copied in your clipboard.

Alltel / Verizon
Old 05-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi View Post
A work around is to forward the text, then you can copy what you want from the message and then discard it, but you will still have what you copied in your clipboard.
you shouldn't have to do a work around, copy text is an option if you hold it down

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible