PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 12:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sense ui....no choice!

I wanted to disable sense ui so i could play around with regular android. read to use "home switcher" so i downloaded, installed, but the only option was sense ui. finally found the link below

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-ve...a-our-findings

we are stuck with sense ui until we can flash our own roms. apparently sense ui is locked in, and the actual stock android files may not even be in the stock rom (according to that link)

kind of a bummer, if you ask me. one more reason now why i want root access. they did mention you could helix launcher over it, so i wonder if open home, home++ and other work. may have to try that once my phone is charged up again.

i wonder if this will make htc whip (with emphasis on the h) out updates any quicker? if so, then i might be slightly more ok with it....

just thought i would pass on the info in case anyone else was trying to disable it
Old 05-01-2010, 08:07 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: sense ui....no choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
I wanted to disable sense ui so i could play around with regular android. read to use "home switcher" so i downloaded, installed, but the only option was sense ui. finally found the link below

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-ve...a-our-findings

we are stuck with sense ui until we can flash our own roms. apparently sense ui is locked in, and the actual stock android files may not even be in the stock rom (according to that link)

kind of a bummer, if you ask me. one more reason now why i want root access. they did mention you could helix launcher over it, so i wonder if open home, home++ and other work. may have to try that once my phone is charged up again.

i wonder if this will make htc whip (with emphasis on the h) out updates any quicker? if so, then i might be slightly more ok with it....

just thought i would pass on the info in case anyone else was trying to disable it

Root-Root-Root.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 05-01-2010, 09:45 AM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

remember that Android is open source. Everything you see is actually the stock apps but enhanced by htc since they have access to the code and not some replacement with the stock app buried deep like they do with winmo. But I believe that the homescreen can be reverted though if it's anything like the hero, just to settings / apps and revove the default action for the homescreen, if it goes well when you go back home it will ask you with what app would you like to do this? Home or Sense. Choose home and you should get the standard android homescreen, but that's about it since everything else is htc-fied
Old 05-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
remember that Android is open source. Everything you see is actually the stock apps but enhanced by htc since they have access to the code and not some replacement with the stock app buried deep like they do with winmo. But I believe that the homescreen can be reverted though if it's anything like the hero, just to settings / apps and revove the default action for the homescreen, if it goes well when you go back home it will ask you with what app would you like to do this? Home or Sense. Choose home and you should get the standard android homescreen, but that's about it since everything else is htc-fied
thanks for the tip, but this won't work with the incredible. if you disable it by default, the reboot, it re-enables itself to default again. seems htc is getting a little more forceful with sense ui. i am really hoping that means we get quicker updates (but i don't have much logic behind that, haha)...can't wait for root, but at least i still got plenty to learn before then
Old 05-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Almost a VIP

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I was playing with apps , and you can have a non sense today screen. Just go on marketplace and download a android theme and set it up . It was weird but I had an android screen. When I un- installed it the system asked if I wanted to go back to htc 2.1 sense and I said yes.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

hmmmm, thank you, i'll give that a shot later
Old 05-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Almost a VIP

The themes I tried were aHomeTheme: Dark Android and
aHome Theme Androidandme.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible