PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
8am alarm, a no show

so i use my phone as an alarm religiously. i use it during the week to wake up for work, and then on the weekends just to get my butt outa bed. well, on the weekends i set my alarm for 8am. yesterday, i ended up waking up at 9ish....and i was confused why my alarm didn't go off. i thought maybe i had dismissed it with out remembering. well today i woke up naturally at 7:50. so i waited to see if my 8am alarm would go off...and nope it didn't. changed it to 8:05am and it went off, wtf?

anyone else experience this? i thought i was crazy at first but two days in a row now. not sure if its just a weekend thing, so i will try it tomorrow as well when i am at work, but just seeing if anyone else has thought they were crazy by missing an alarm
Old 05-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: 8am alarm, a no show

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
so i use my phone as an alarm religiously. i use it during the week to wake up for work, and then on the weekends just to get my butt outa bed. well, on the weekends i set my alarm for 8am. yesterday, i ended up waking up at 9ish....and i was confused why my alarm didn't go off. i thought maybe i had dismissed it with out remembering. well today i woke up naturally at 7:50. so i waited to see if my 8am alarm would go off...and nope it didn't. changed it to 8:05am and it went off, wtf?

anyone else experience this? i thought i was crazy at first but two days in a row now. not sure if its just a weekend thing, so i will try it tomorrow as well when i am at work, but just seeing if anyone else has thought they were crazy by missing an alarm
Used mine Fri and Sat and it worked fine. All my appointment settings have worked also. Go off at 10 till the hour and again on the hour.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 05-02-2010, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible

coolingoutofhabit is becoming a great contributor

Used mine yesterday when cooking. It worked fine. I had to go back in and check off Sat. & Sun. (I had forgotten).
Old 05-02-2010, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: droid incredible
Carrier: verizon

th3drow is a n00b

ya i havn't had any problems with it yet, hopefully it was a one time thing. i'd maybe try downloading a different alarm off the market.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

hmmm, yeah i mean every other time i have set it to has gone off. just not 8:00am. well i am gonna try it tomorrow (don't know if its just the weekends or not), but could some one else try it out too? just set it for 8:00am tomorrow, if its not an inconvenience, and report back to here. if it doesn't go off again tomorrow and it does for other people then i may just hard reset. i meant to do that any way when i got the phone but i got too caught up in its amazingness to remember, haha. thanks in advance...
Old 05-02-2010, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid "Incredible"

GoldenTiger is just getting started

I will set mine for you and report back then.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Almost a VIP

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
hmmm, yeah i mean every other time i have set it to has gone off. just not 8:00am. well i am gonna try it tomorrow (don't know if its just the weekends or not), but could some one else try it out too? just set it for 8:00am tomorrow, if its not an inconvenience, and report back to here. if it doesn't go off again tomorrow and it does for other people then i may just hard reset. i meant to do that any way when i got the phone but i got too caught up in its amazingness to remember, haha. thanks in advance...
Set it for 8:05 and see what happens. Was testing and set it for 4pm and 4:05pm. Went of at 4:05 , didn't go off at 4:00. ? ? Had several apps running on the phone , will try again.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
Set it for 8:05 and see what happens. Was testing and set it for 4pm and 4:05pm. Went of at 4:05 , didn't go off at 4:00. ? ? Had several apps running on the phone , will try again.
yeah, this morning when it didn't go off i was awake for it, so i changed it to 8:05 after it missed, and then it went off. wth is goin on. i guess sense ui doesn't like top of the hour times, haha. i origianlly thought it had something to do with my task killer, maybe killing the alarm task. but then it wouldn't have gone off at all if that were the case...so i am confused....
Old 05-02-2010, 05:11 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
yeah, this morning when it didn't go off i was awake for it, so i changed it to 8:05 after it missed, and then it went off. wth is goin on. i guess sense ui doesn't like top of the hour times, haha. i origianlly thought it had something to do with my task killer, maybe killing the alarm task. but then it wouldn't have gone off at all if that were the case...so i am confused....
Tested again , set for 5pm and 5:05 pm. Went off at 5pm but not 5:05 pm ? ?
Old 05-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
Tested again , set for 5pm and 5:05 pm. Went off at 5pm but not 5:05 pm ? ?
wow, i am starting to wonder if i can trust this to wake me up for work, haha. may have to go pick up an actual alarm clock.

maybe we should test it at X:30 and X:35, and see if it does it then too. maybe its just around the top of the hour? maybe not? how odd, how odd

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible