PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 11:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 8am alarm, a no show

I have used both the native alarm and Klaxon on the Incredible, and I am running a task manager as well (probably getting rid of it, according to a lot of sourced it causes more problems than it solves since Android does a very good job of managing it's own app usage, but we'll see) and the alarms just about blew me right outta bed, they were incredibly loud (and in the case of Klaxon, I couldn't figure out how to stop it for a while LOL). I would suggest uninstalling the task manager and making sure your alarm settings are set to over-ride the sound profiles on the Incredible.

My issues with the alarm is one that makes me mention to yearn that (thanks for trying, but....) G-Alarm is a GREAT alarm that I have used since the very first version, but it is a WM app and won't work on Android.

Now....if a G-Alarm type app were available in Android, I would get it in a second because the things I really miss are the next alarm being shown on the lock screen and the ability to set a 'quick' alarm, AKA a one-time-deal. instead of setting the alarm and having to remember to disable or change it after your done with it.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:44 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I have used both the native alarm and Klaxon on the Incredible, and I am running a task manager as well (probably getting rid of it, according to a lot of sourced it causes more problems than it solves since Android does a very good job of managing it's own app usage, but we'll see) and the alarms just about blew me right outta bed, they were incredibly loud (and in the case of Klaxon, I couldn't figure out how to stop it for a while LOL). I would suggest uninstalling the task manager and making sure your alarm settings are set to over-ride the sound profiles on the Incredible.

My issues with the alarm is one that makes me mention to yearn that (thanks for trying, but....) G-Alarm is a GREAT alarm that I have used since the very first version, but it is a WM app and won't work on Android.

Now....if a G-Alarm type app were available in Android, I would get it in a second because the things I really miss are the next alarm being shown on the lock screen and the ability to set a 'quick' alarm, AKA a one-time-deal. instead of setting the alarm and having to remember to disable or change it after your done with it.
LOL! Guess maybe I should start paying more attention to what forum Im in huh?

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 05-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Advanced Task Killer does the same thing on my MotoDroid. It took me a while to figure out what was doing it. I just unchecked in the ATK menu it and it doesn't get killed. I was reluctant to rely on it to wake me up for work as well, but I have been using it for 6 months now without any issues. ATK is illadvised for Android. Everyone argues that the OS is best at managing open programs and all it does when you kill things is drain your battery (because programs get stopped and then automatically start back up) and cause interruption to crutial programs. I just use it to kill certain things occasionally.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Un - installed advanced task manager and tested the alarm clock 10 times , setting on the hour and odd times ( 10:33 ) and it rang every time . I agree with the previous post regarding the task manager, you really don't need it . This isn't winmo anymore , you can have programs running in the background , you won't run out of memory or lock up .haha I could do the tests because I am home today (won't disturb the office) haha.

I think Android takes care of itself pretty well from what I have seen so far.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r

Last edited by jbh00jh; 05-03-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

wow, thanks guys for all your input! i loved g-alarm for my tp2, nothing like pretending youre strangling your phone to dismiss the alarm, haha.

i am still confused though. i would assume taks killer may have something to do with it, but i have tested an alarm right afteer killing all tasks and it still went off (as jbh00jh mentioned). i even had done this with the port on my tp2. thats not to say its not the cause though. i think the only way to know for sure is to uninstall the task killer. i will try that tonight. however i had ran my phone for a couple days without a task killer. i then installed one only to find apps open from over a day ago. my phone only had 48mb of free ram with all the apps that had built up in que. ran task killer and was back to 200+mb free. maybe i don't have something checked off for android to auto kill? but it certainly ain't doin squat!

so once again, thanks all. i will uninstall it this afternoon after i get off and see if that remedies the issue. if so i guess i'll have to soft reset more often to get my ram back...rather than run a task killer...
Old 05-03-2010, 12:38 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

MrGoodCat...maybe you installed another app that is interfering with the alarm? I know I am thinking WM-ish, but I think the fact that some apps can conflict with each other and/or stock apps would apply in the Android world as well. Maybe if you post your apps list a more experienced user can spot a problem.

P.S. don't feel too bad, I haven't even figured out HOW to reset this thing yet LOL!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
LOL! Guess maybe I should start paying more attention to what forum Im in huh?
At least your trying to help!! Nothing wrong with that!
Old 05-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
MrGoodCat...maybe you installed another app that is interfering with the alarm? I know I am thinking WM-ish, but I think the fact that some apps can conflict with each other and/or stock apps would apply in the Android world as well. Maybe if you post your apps list a more experienced user can spot a problem.

P.S. don't feel too bad, I haven't even figured out HOW to reset this thing yet LO

At least your trying to help!! Nothing wrong with that!
RESET- Just hold down the power button and it will give you the option.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:51 PM
VIP Member

Thanks at least now I know for when I need it (good sign that I haven't yet though LOL)!!
Old 05-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

FaSSt9602 is a n00b

Mine didn't go off this morning either and I had accidentally turned down the MEDIA volume, which I think controls the alarm as well...

Seems to be working fine since I turned it back up...
Old 05-03-2010, 01:18 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaSSt9602 View Post
Mine didn't go off this morning either and I had accidentally turned down the MEDIA volume, which I think controls the alarm as well...

Seems to be working fine since I turned it back up...
I believe there is an option in the alarm menu that allows you to over-ride the current system sound profiles, may be worth checking it out.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible