PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 12:36 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How can I get one too?

My gf just got the moto droid 3 weeks ago on a 2 year contract renewal. Does Verizon allow her to trade it for the Incredible? Any tips on what she could say to get them to take the moto droid back in exchange for the Incredible and just pay the difference? In store or over the phone?
Old 05-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff
Re: How can I get one too?

you should have 30 days to take it back. i believe if you get another phone right away you pay a $35 restocking fee, but well worth it for the incredible, haha. you shouldn't have to say anything special. just say you played with the demo incredible at the store and it fits your needs better than the moto droid, they won't hassle you at all.

EDIT: i'd recommend going in store if its not much of a hassle. also you may have a little trouble getting an incredible right now, maybe. and if you wait a certain amount of days before you get another phone, you don't have to pay the restocking fee...i think i read that somewhere
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
you should have 30 days to take it back. i believe if you get another phone right away you pay a $35 restocking fee, but well worth it for the incredible, haha. you shouldn't have to say anything special. just say you played with the demo incredible at the store and it fits your needs better than the moto droid, they won't hassle you at all.

EDIT: i'd recommend going in store if its not much of a hassle. also you may have a little trouble getting an incredible right now, maybe. and if you wait a certain amount of days before you get another phone, you don't have to pay the restocking fee...i think i read that somewhere
They will always charge the $35 restocking fee regardless. You do infact have 30 days from the date of purchases to trade. There is no questions asked during this period. If they are out of stock you can have them extend your trade in period. You must request this though and let them know which device you are waiting on. If you do not and 30 days pass, you will be locked in.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: THE INCREDIBLE "DROID I"
Carrier: Veriz-off

naejae730 is just getting started

It won't be a big deal at all. In fact I just did it. I ordered a TP 2 on 4/6 only to find out a day later that the release date for the Incredible was finally announced. I thought I'd just keep the TP but I just couldn't help looking up more info on the Incredible. I called VZ and asked about the procedure. Even though I ordered the phone online the rep suggested I return the phone to a store so the process could go faster. I returned the phone to the store on Saturday and ordered the Incredible yesterday (Sunday). I must mention I had trouble upgrading the phone online because only the regular pricing was shown so I called Customer Service and they placed the order for me with no problem. There is a backorder on the phone due to high demand so I was told the phone will ship by 5/14. Sucks but I think it'll be worth the wait.

Oh by the way- They did charge me the $35 restocking fee. I had the option of paying for it in the store or having it added to my bill. Since I decided to pay it right there they used my refund amount (my TP 2 only cost me $30) and I only had to pay $5.

Update: VZW notified me they shipped my phone on the 5th. It'll be here on the 7th (oh, that's today!!)

"The difference between a SMART person and a WISE person is that a SMART person knows what to say, and a WISE person knows whether to say it or not".

Last edited by naejae730; 05-07-2010 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Updated shipping status

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible