PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Droid Incredible (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   htc incredible (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119744)

jer07734 04-30-2010 04:32 PM

htc incredible

so got this for my wife yesterday and man - the thing is wonderful so far. very snappy os. she's loving it coming from the samsung omnia. only thing of note is the reception seems poor compared to the omnia or my motorola droid. was not receiving and calls or text until after calling verizon(we did complete both *228 calls) and data stoppedworking after activation. weird. hopefully verizon/htc will get worked out soon.

on a plus note - they did send us (free of charge), a hard case, a gel case, a pack of screen protectors, and a 2 gb memory card. called to ask why AND to make sure it wasn't a mistake or going to charge us later and i hey said it was all related to another line having so many problems. sah-weet

blazingwolf 04-30-2010 07:34 PM

Re: htc incredible

Wrong forum. I have however, been reading about reception issues. So this could be a part of your issue.

Adrianh85 04-30-2010 09:06 PM

Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; ADR6300 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Mine works fine right now ( knocks on wood)

nerdherd 04-30-2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazingwolf (Post 1728481)
Wrong forum. I have however, been reading about reception issues. So this could be a part of your issue.

I still like to hear the opinion of a Droid user about it here. I don't have time to check all the forums. But you're probably right...

jbh00jh 05-01-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nerdherd (Post 1728732)
I still like to hear the opinion of a Droid user about it here. I don't have time to check all the forums. But you're probably right...

No trouble with reception or data so far , 3 days . The people I talked to yesterday asked if I did something to my phone because I sounded so much better. I told them it was a new phone.
HTC is comming out with an upgrade ( Android 2.2 ) this month. If you can't wait take the phone back to VZW and swap it out. Most of the people I have talked to don't have your problem so it's not a problem with all the phones.

There are some threads about reception (Incredible forum) over at xda , might want to check them out.

TonyK 05-01-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jer07734 (Post 1728236)
so got this for my wife yesterday and man - the thing is wonderful so far. very snappy os. she's loving it coming from the samsung omnia. only thing of note is the reception seems poor compared to the omnia or my motorola droid. was not receiving and calls or text until after calling verizon(we did complete both *228 calls) and data stoppedworking after activation. weird. hopefully verizon/htc will get worked out soon.

on a plus note - they did send us (free of charge), a hard case, a gel case, a pack of screen protectors, and a 2 gb memory card. called to ask why AND to make sure it wasn't a mistake or going to charge us later and i hey said it was all related to another line having so many problems. sah-weet

Had mine 3 days and my reception works great and Data works just fine. No problems at all. Would be nice to have a little trouble, could use a case, protectors and Mem. card. HA

NCX Designs 05-02-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyK (Post 1729598)
Had mine 3 days and my reception works great and Data works just fine. No problems at all. Would be nice to have a little trouble, could use a case, protectors and Mem. card. HA

tell us your status when you've run multiple apps and then come back and post your findings, there pretty much bleh i bet

from what i'm finding, the reception is awesome, until you have maybe 30 apps in the background, then the signal completely dies out or is only 1 bar back and forth to zero

so what i've been doing is using advanced task killer to kill all the apps in one fell swoop and right after it kills those apps, i get full strength again.

maybe some of the apps from marketplace suck up signal strength or the CPU is being under load that its taking power away from the radios? hmm who knows....