PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 12:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New to Android - A few questions

Hmmm, I saw some apps for wifi in the app store but I'm totally new to droid so possibly they were for other phones or earlier verions of the OS. Using the phone as a wifi router is something I only do very seldom but when I need it I need it to be there and working.

Yes, tons of music. I've been a musician for a lot of years but never had the guts to make it a profession but I hang out with a lot of other musicians, both professional and amateur. Some well known and some nobody ever heard of, also have promoters and managers for friends and I hit a lot of music venues. In my real life I'm in the technology business.

A fair portion of my music are recordings that I've done or friends have done while hanging out with my friends after concerts or before concerts and we're all just kind of jamming and having a good time. Then some of us just hang out and listen and some of my friends go out on stage and make a bloody fortune doing what we were just doing in a back room for free.

R
Old 05-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

thats pretty sick, sounds like you're gonna need a couple 32gb micro sdhc's and a really phat wallet, haha.

as far as the wifi router apps go...since its an "open" market i do believe those are the apps we will eventually be able to use, they still require root access. so once we root our incredible, you can download those apps. should be in the description of the app...but maybe not. unlike apple just about anything can make it to the market place, which is kinda cool.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

whetzel is becoming a great contributor

Did you find the HTC Sync in the root of the internal storage when you connect it to your PC? If you install that, you should be able to sync with Outlook. I haven't personally tried it yet because I had already switched all of my contacts and such over to my gmail account in anticipation of getting the Incredible.

You said that you live in Kansas? I don't remember where I saw it, but I do remember seeing a tornado warning app.

Edit: I just checked. If you simply type "tornado" in the search of the Marketplace it will be the second app down. It's called "Tornado Warning Siren". It's free and it has pretty good reviews.

Last edited by whetzel; 05-01-2010 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Added information
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

LOL

You got a thanks for the tornado warning app! We've had tornados all around us in the past and one tornado two years ago destroyed a town very near us. I can still remember that night well and the storm..

Ill check out the market for the tornado app. Didn't do a lot with the incredible today. Added a couple of apps (I'm not really an app type person) and paired a bt headset.

I can't get over how fast responding this device is. I don't know whether it was because Windows was soooooo slow or if this phone is really just this quick, but it sure beats WinMO. After ten years with WinMo this feels really good to not have to go through the slow crap anymore.

R
Old 05-02-2010, 10:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Whetzel, you need to be a little more careful. I went and saw that app. It does NOT give a tornado warning. What it does is to let the user set off a siren from the phone that sounds like a tornado warning. This is a pointless, and useless app. The good reviews were from people who seem to think that having their phone blasting a siren is some sort of fun. It has nothing to do with weather warnings at all. Sort of like the useless and stupid iphone fart apps that people thought were funny.

R
Old 05-02-2010, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

whetzel is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedog View Post
Whetzel, you need to be a little more careful. I went and saw that app. It does NOT give a tornado warning. What it does is to let the user set off a siren from the phone that sounds like a tornado warning. This is a pointless, and useless app. The good reviews were from people who seem to think that having their phone blasting a siren is some sort of fun. It has nothing to do with weather warnings at all. Sort of like the useless and stupid iphone fart apps that people thought were funny.

R
My apologizes.

I didn't actually download and try it out, just happen to see it and thought I would share.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible