PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible / Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

NCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
NCX Incredible Review

While this isn't a true review, its what i've found and i'm comparing my findings to the Touch Pro 2.
If you like my review or i've given you info that you really appreciate, please click the Thanks button, thats all I ask!

Thanks!

I think coming from Windows Mobile, i am very much going to enjoy the Droid Incredible, i've had it since Tuesday but i'm still looking for more stuff i can do with it, and so far i'm not disappointed at all with it

its alot faster than my TP2, the screen is soo much nicer, and i'm a huge color fan, the colors on the Incredible are simply 'incredible'

USB connection is odd, its located on the side rather than the bottom, but this could be due to Android using a car interface when placed inside a dock (like the Moto Droid) but as shadowmite points out, this can cause port damage if you have it connected and theres stress on the port. Hopefully HTC will shed some light on the port placement with some good accessories such as desktop docks/car docks.

the camera quality is MUCH MUCH better than my TP2, the size of the phone is perfect, and its very light, it fits inside my old Voyager clip case
and i just got my Red/Black gradient snap on case yesterday, with the case on, its even better, it feels even more solid, and it protects the camera's lense because its more recessed. (It feels like my ipod touch did with a case but a tad skinnier, but thats a good thing, it fits in the hand better)

i smudge up the screen very easily since i always have oily fingers lol, so i'm trying to find a solution to that

Battery size, this is interchangeable with the Touch Pro 2's/Imagio battery, as pointed out by PPC member "shadowmite"

Battery Life has not been fully tested, but when using wifi it drains the battery alot

call quality is top notch, wifi speed on G (N is NOT enabled yet, but it will be with 2.2 in May) is much faster than the Wifi on TP2

Flash is slow but its there, no complaint about flash websites actually loading properly

Sirius XM is coming to Droid in May, so thats another plus to look forward to

The GPS is extremely accurate, i can sit on my computer chair and turn around and around and the phone will show me going around in circles in real time with a half second delay but its very accurate up to 3 meters
if i had a map of my house on the phone, i'm sure it would show which room i'm in

HTC has its own special widgets you can download from within the Widget add screen, only 3 are available right now, but HTC has said many many more will be available post launch

Many widgets have different sizes and form factors to choose from,
take the Manila/Sense clock, you can choose between 3 sizes.
1 with Weather, 1 small one with weather, and one small one without weather.

The camera i forgot to mention earlier to take a picture its very easy, you don't have to try to guess where the button is when your trying to take a self pic, you use the optical sensor's button to take the picture or record, another plus in my book.

the FM radio has RDS which displays your local radio stations call sign (if its broadcasted) and the Song info (if its also broadcasted), even though you need headphones to use it, you can use the speakerphone to listen to it, another nice plus!

Caller ID has a nice feature that i've never seen on any other phone except for custom ROM'd TP2's.
Ever had a call that you weren't sure of the number and you didn't want to pick up and hoped they would leave a voice mail? well with the Incredible's CID in caller history, it shows the city and state the call was made from a very very nice feature for me as my number seems to get "weird" calls, (don't ask lol)

Update 11:08pm: Wallpaper the Droid Incredible has a cropping tool built in that allows you to use any photo or graphic as your panoramic 7 screen wallpaper. To change the size of the cropping box to fit the native resolution of 960x800, you simply touch the edges of the cropping box to make it smaller or larger.
Note: You CANNOT change the ratio of the cropping box nor can you use the multitouch functionality to make it smaller or larger.

QWERTY, while a physical keyboard isn't here, its surprisingly easy to type on, in landscape its almost as if your using an actual physical keyboard.
If you don't want to type, you can speak what you want to type, very nice!

The ability to link and unlink all your contacts to all your social networks is a nice feature too, example.

You add a facebook friend that doesn't post there number in there profile, but you want to use there facebook photo as your contact info, simply use the contact info you add to the phone, then tell the phone to link to facebook and it will look for the same person by that name, once that is done, voila, it will always use the current facebook photo.
and unlike the Facebook issues with the Touch Pro 2 in Manila 2.5, the incoming call screen always shows the contacts photo, not a placeholder graphic, this is an issue that has since been patched but its nice that its here on the Droid Incredible. (I think i typed too much lol)

any other questions i might've missed?

(I will be adding pictures/screen caps once i get them all together)

very sorry for the downsized pictures quality, photobucket downsized them

For everyone asking me how i'm taking screenshots, you have to use the Android SDK and USB Debugging mode found on the Incredible's Developer settings.

If you like my work and want to donate, click here
Want to see my themes? Click here
If I helped you in any way, please click the "THANKS" button.

Last edited by NCX Designs; 04-29-2010 at 11:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ..
Carrier: ..

shadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: NCX Incredible Review

Nice summary. I have a few additional notes at my review:

http://www.shadowmite.com/blog/index.php/?p=329

For those that don't want to read it mainly that the backing is quite odd compared to most HTC devices, the battery appears smaller but interchangable with TP2/Hero batteries, and the port being on the side just sucks. Otherwise I'm loving it.

Last edited by shadowmite; 04-29-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

NCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmite View Post

For those that don't want to read it mainly that the backing is quite odd compared to most HTC devices, the battery appears smaller but interchangable with TP2/Hero batteries, and the port being on the side just sucks. Otherwise I'm loving it.
Hey, Thanks for mentioning me on your blog!
and great tip for the battery, i added it to the review with credit given to you
Old 04-29-2010, 08:49 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

hey what screenshot app are you using?

i agree that the port on the side is very VERY awkward wondering why the hell they did that
Old 04-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

screen res should be 960x800 (full); i think it comes out to roughly 960x754 (viewable) something like that.

thanks for posting your review! i agree so far with just about everything you mentioned, haha. its an amazing phone for sure!
Old 04-29-2010, 09:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmite View Post

HTC Imagio batts work in it also , running them now.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:04 AM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; ADR6300 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I need a screenshot app of my phone

Old 04-30-2010, 09:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; ADR6300 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I need a screenshot app of my phone
check out marketplace, i'm sure you'll find one you might like, but it won't give you native resolutions like the SDK can

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible