PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900, TP, Touch Pro 2, HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Timeband is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Sync not yet available for Incredible

Just got my Incredible yesterday and WOW is it impressive. Super fast, excellent screen, YES the Micro SD card comes with the Pre-Orders.

This phone is as good as advertised and easily the best Android phone on the market from my experience with it in the first 24 hours.

BUT I was disappointed to find that HTC Sync is not yet available for the Incredible despite being referenced in the Verizon manual as available on the HTC site. I was told by customer support (HTC) that the Incredible Sync software when available will be more advanced then previous versions of Sync.

Be aware that using other versions of Sync (such as for the Eris) may require your phone to be reset if/when you upgrade to the version intended for the Incredible.

So far this is simply the best telephone I have every used or owned. I was pleasantly surprised at the thinness of the phone. If you own the TP2 its about the thickness of the top part (screen section) minus the bottom part (keyboard).

For those wanting an excellent Android phone you will not be disappointed. For those wanting to Sync directly from Outlook without having to sync it to Gmail first, you've still got a bit to wait if you dont relish a possible future hard reset.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: HTC Sync not yet available for Incredible

Thanks , good info.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 04-29-2010, 11:14 AM
pquinniii

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

so currently i have a winmo phone. synced with outlook. how do i sync it with gmail before i get my new phone in 45 minutes so that i can transfer contacts? or is there another way to transfer/sync contacts??
Old 04-29-2010, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pquinniii View Post
so currently i have a winmo phone. synced with outlook. how do i sync it with gmail before i get my new phone in 45 minutes so that i can transfer contacts? or is there another way to transfer/sync contacts??

You first need to enable the contacts sync. -≥ Go to Settings - Data Synchronization - Google and put a checkmark on Contacts.
On your phone, if you go to contacts, you see on the right side of the contact's name the word phone(this means the contact is a phone contact) You have three types of contacts - phone, google and sim contacts. All of your contacts need to be google contacts, if you want to sync them with google. You can probably manually convert every single phone contact to google contact, but that would take a lot of time.
So to speed up things, you need to do this:

You need to transfer all your contacts to your computer, Outlook or such. Then delete all your contacts from the phone. From outlook you need to export all contacts to the .csv or .vcard file. Then go to Gmail and import all your contacts from .csv file. Connect your Incredible to the internet and again go to settings - data synchronization - Google, press menu and choose Sync now. It will then transfer all your contacts from gmail to your phone. Then all your contacts will become google contacts and you will be able to sync them with Gmail.
In the future, when you create a new contact on your phone, be sure to select google as type of the contact to be able to sync it with gmail.
But be very careful with this, make a backup of all your contacts before you do this.

Hope this helps. Feel free to hit the "Thanks" button if so.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible, HTC Diamond (Alltel)

jakewill is keeping up the good workjakewill is keeping up the good work

I don't plan to use HTC Sync, so I haven't installed it, but when I plug my device in to the computer and select "Mount as disk drive", it comes up and there's an installer called "HTCSync2.0.25.exe"

Maybe look for and try installing that... It's worth a shot, right?

Hope it helps,
jakewill
Old 04-29-2010, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio, Incredible
Carrier: VZW

TonyK is keeping up the good workTonyK is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakewill View Post
I don't plan to use HTC Sync, so I haven't installed it, but when I plug my device in to the computer and select "Mount as disk drive", it comes up and there's an installer called "HTCSync2.0.25.exe"

Maybe look for and try installing that... It's worth a shot, right?

Hope it helps,
jakewill
HTC Sync works great with outlook, can sync all contacts/cal. Copy from phone to PC and install to PC

If I Have Helped You, PLEASE HIT [THANKS],, THANKS

Old 04-29-2010, 03:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ..
Carrier: ..

shadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It's on the built in 8gb drive, EMMC... Just connect the phone to a PC as someone else said above and copy it off.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sammy i730 -> i830 -> HTC TP2 -> HTC Incredible
Carrier: VZW

vmod32 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeband View Post
I was pleasantly surprised at the thinness of the phone. If you own the TP2 its about the thickness of the top part (screen section) minus the bottom part (keyboard).
You're a bit off there. I have the Incredible and the TP2 side by side. The Incredible is as thick as the BOTTOM of the TP2. Not the Top screen part. I mean almost exactly the thickness of the bottom, but much thicker than the top, probably 2x as thick.

The incredible is a sweeet phone though... me so happy
Old 04-29-2010, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible / Touch Pro 2

NCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuff

The version of HTC Sync on the mounted memory is actually older i found,

the newer version is actually compatible with more handsets too

www.htc.com/www/support.aspx

And those of you wanting to take screen captures and view other things from your PC, I suggest downloading the Android SDK, it allows you to connect using USB Debugging mode (found in Developers tab under settings on the phone)
to take direct screen captures and "other things"

I've been playing around with many different pieces of software since I got my Incredible on Tuesday, the SDK is the best option for screen captures, full resolution and conveniently saved to your PC directly.

one other cool thing is, when you make a wallpaper with the exact resolution of what the incredible supports, you don't have to crop it, so it looks as gorgeous as the ones HTC includes (the blue abstract one is my favorite

If you like my work and want to donate, click here
Want to see my themes? Click here
If I helped you in any way, please click the "THANKS" button.

Last edited by NCX Designs; 04-29-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I can confirm this works and works well. Thanks for passing it along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCX Designs View Post
The version of HTC Sync on the mounted memory is actually older i found,

the newer version is actually compatible with more handsets too

www.htc.com/www/support.aspx

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible