PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 08:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800, omnia, xv6875
Carrier: Verizon

mskathy45 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Mobile on the Incredible

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
I realize that I am going to get flamed. But is it possible? I have been a WM user for several years using custom roms, DCD Nuerom and Energy on my old ppc 6800 and now on my Touch Pro. I am pretty much locked into verizon because it is the provider that I can get service at my house with. It is time to get a new phone and the TP2 just doesn't seem like much of an upgrade. I really want an HD2 but we all know that is only on tmobile which has no service in my area. Now having said this, I really like WM and have no intention of switching to android. I use the phone for business and like how Office is well integrated into windows I can't be all alone, come on people lets hear what you think, be nice to me, I am prepared to just stay with the Touch Pro until verizon comes out with something better.
I want to thank you for asking the question I was wondering about. I adore windows mobile and how much fun it is to change roms at the slightest whim. I think winmo deserves to have a chance to run on a 1 gig processor. I tried android on my touch pro 2 and it was just another operating system.

I hope someone will make it happen.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vzw touch pro2
Carrier: vzw

jetblack82 is a n00b

vzw does have one newer wm phone but its a LG but if you can get over that and the fact that the screen is only 3.2 inches it does have a 1 ghz snapdragon processor its name is the lg fathom
Old 11-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

roflhorse is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskathy45 View Post
I want to thank you for asking the question I was wondering about. I adore windows mobile and how much fun it is to change roms at the slightest whim. I think winmo deserves to have a chance to run on a 1 gig processor. I tried android on my touch pro 2 and it was just another operating system.

I hope someone will make it happen.

Seconding this. I had android on my old Touch Pro, and just got the Inc. I would love to see energy running on this.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: alltel

dirtysan is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to dirtysan Send a message via Yahoo to dirtysan
Thumbs up Re: Windows Mobile on the Incredible

if u like the wm i would go with the imagio.it doesnt have a keyboard but not a bad phone if u keep up on the updated roms. i used the energy rom and it was just awsome. i have had the touch, touch pro, imagio, and now the incredible. i like wm and android they both have their own good features
Old 12-06-2010, 07:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

yatman60 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysan View Post
if u like the wm i would go with the imagio.it doesnt have a keyboard but not a bad phone if u keep up on the updated roms. i used the energy rom and it was just awsome. i have had the touch, touch pro, imagio, and now the incredible. i like wm and android they both have their own good features
If you go with the Imagio, just one thing to be prepared for - PISS POOR hardware quality. the physical buttons across the bottom of the phone will ultimately break and they will do so regularly. This was my motivation to move to the Incredible. If it weren't for that, i'd still be using my Imagio.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: alltel

dirtysan is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to dirtysan Send a message via Yahoo to dirtysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatman60 View Post
If you go with the Imagio, just one thing to be prepared for - PISS POOR hardware quality. the physical buttons across the bottom of the phone will ultimately break and they will do so regularly. This was my motivation to move to the Incredible. If it weren't for that, i'd still be using my Imagio.
i agree with the hard keys breaking my phone was warrentied twice because of that. one was a sand issue and the other was me dropping it
Old 12-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

Wouldnt mind playing with windows on my DINC.. but not for a full time os.. just to tinker. and to remember why I like android so much.lol

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible