PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 11:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Droid Incredible on Sprint?

Anyone think it'll ever be possible to get the incredible running on sprint? Since what i have is an incredible (and im on sprint), please no comments like "just get the EVO or Nex1..." I know it's a long shot, but i remember the sprint touch pro getting used by verizon customers...
Old 04-25-2010, 01:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff
Re: Droid Incredible on Sprint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
Anyone think it'll ever be possible to get the incredible running on sprint? Since what i have is an incredible (and im on sprint), please no comments like "just get the EVO or Nex1..." I know it's a long shot, but i remember the sprint touch pro getting used by verizon customers...
so you have an incredible, but youre on sprint? how did you already get one with out pre-ordering through verizon, or did you pre order full price? just curious...

anywho, i can not speak from a technical stance, but from what i gather its all about talking to the "right" person from sprint. i know it has something to do with them only allowing certain phone id's on their network, and also from what i have read it seems as they are not allowing "outsider phones" more and more. so assuming the phone met the hardware requirements to run on their network you are gonna have to get lucky. but maybe you already know all that, haha, just given you the info i got. best of luck though
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
so you have an incredible, but youre on sprint? how did you already get one with out pre-ordering through verizon, or did you pre order full price? just curious...

anywho, i can not speak from a technical stance, but from what i gather its all about talking to the "right" person from sprint. i know it has something to do with them only allowing certain phone id's on their network, and also from what i have read it seems as they are not allowing "outsider phones" more and more. so assuming the phone met the hardware requirements to run on their network you are gonna have to get lucky. but maybe you already know all that, haha, just given you the info i got. best of luck though
When you try to activate a phone on vzw or sprint they check the ESN # on the phone. If it's not their ESN # they usually won't activate it. That's what I was told by a friend at vzw. Same at sprint he said.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT
Threadstarter

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
When you try to activate a phone on vzw or sprint they check the ESN # on the phone. If it's not their ESN # they usually won't activate it. That's what I was told by a friend at vzw. Same at sprint he said.
yeah, that's kinda what i heard... almost impossible to activate . oh well, thanks anyway guys

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible