PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Droid Incredible (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   Droid Incredible on Sprint? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119127)

lipidfats 04-24-2010 11:06 PM

Droid Incredible on Sprint?

Anyone think it'll ever be possible to get the incredible running on sprint? Since what i have is an incredible (and im on sprint), please no comments like "just get the EVO or Nex1..." I know it's a long shot, but i remember the sprint touch pro getting used by verizon customers...

MrGoodCat 04-25-2010 01:24 AM

Re: Droid Incredible on Sprint?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lipidfats (Post 1717643)
Anyone think it'll ever be possible to get the incredible running on sprint? Since what i have is an incredible (and im on sprint), please no comments like "just get the EVO or Nex1..." I know it's a long shot, but i remember the sprint touch pro getting used by verizon customers...

so you have an incredible, but youre on sprint? how did you already get one with out pre-ordering through verizon, or did you pre order full price? just curious...

anywho, i can not speak from a technical stance, but from what i gather its all about talking to the "right" person from sprint. i know it has something to do with them only allowing certain phone id's on their network, and also from what i have read it seems as they are not allowing "outsider phones" more and more. so assuming the phone met the hardware requirements to run on their network you are gonna have to get lucky. but maybe you already know all that, haha, just given you the info i got. best of luck though

jbh00jh 04-26-2010 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGoodCat (Post 1717790)
so you have an incredible, but youre on sprint? how did you already get one with out pre-ordering through verizon, or did you pre order full price? just curious...

anywho, i can not speak from a technical stance, but from what i gather its all about talking to the "right" person from sprint. i know it has something to do with them only allowing certain phone id's on their network, and also from what i have read it seems as they are not allowing "outsider phones" more and more. so assuming the phone met the hardware requirements to run on their network you are gonna have to get lucky. but maybe you already know all that, haha, just given you the info i got. best of luck though

When you try to activate a phone on vzw or sprint they check the ESN # on the phone. If it's not their ESN # they usually won't activate it. That's what I was told by a friend at vzw. Same at sprint he said.

lipidfats 04-27-2010 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbh00jh (Post 1719756)
When you try to activate a phone on vzw or sprint they check the ESN # on the phone. If it's not their ESN # they usually won't activate it. That's what I was told by a friend at vzw. Same at sprint he said.

yeah, that's kinda what i heard... almost impossible to activate :( . oh well, thanks anyway guys