PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 03:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
fluid multitouch - video, EDIT: we may have maXTouch

here's a comparison between the incredible and the n1's multitouch. the more and more i see/hear about the incredible the more i am glad i went that route...well not that i even have a choice for the n1 now, haha, sigh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWPsM...layer_embedded

man that phone looks so fast and fluid. seriously thursday, be here NOW!

Last edited by MrGoodCat; 04-26-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: fluid multitouch - video

Looks like the multitouch is going to be fun to play with. 2 1/2 days to go.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 04-26-2010, 05:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
Looks like the multitouch is going to be fun to play with. 2 1/2 days to go.
ah days with fractions, i love it! haha

multitouch looks soo nice on the incredible, i am really glad they got all that sorted out from the n1

and to kick it up a notch, 57h 40m to go! (pst)
Old 04-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Almost a VIP

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
ah days with fractions, i love it! haha

multitouch looks soo nice on the incredible, i am really glad they got all that sorted out from the n1

and to kick it up a notch, 57h 40m to go! (pst)
Ready to jump all over it.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

so apparently the reason behind the incredibles fluid touch response is the new Atmel maXTouch sensor. if this is true, we are in for another treat with the incredible. the sensor offers unlimited multitouch capability.

http://androidandme.com/2010/04/news...touch-sensors/

this may not sound like much, but it will make a big difference is using apps. for instance typing on the keyboard. with primarily software based multitouch you technically could not hold a "control" key then hit "c" you would have to engage a "fn" key then hit "c". well if the incredible truly does have this sensor the incredible would be able to handle multiple keys being pressed. also a plus for when gaming. some games have on screen key controls, say we were playing an emulator running street fighter. with the incredible you'd be able to hold the "up" button and hit the "a" button to perform a strike in the air. you can not do that with software base multitouch...

silly examples, but you get the idea, haha. its a huge plus in my book. i REALLY hope that our incredibles have that maXTouch sensor...

EDIT: i was wrong in using the n1 as an example. none the less the maXTouch is a very superior sensor to most that are out in phones currently. i truly hope we are blessed with its presence on the incredible

Last edited by MrGoodCat; 04-27-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hero cdma
Carrier: sprint

drksilenc is keeping up the good workdrksilenc is keeping up the good work
Re: fluid multitouch - video, EDIT: we may have maXTouch

the incred and teh evo both are using that new sensor
Old 04-27-2010, 02:22 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
so apparently the reason behind the incredibles fluid touch response is the new Atmel maXTouch sensor. if this is true, we are in for another treat with the incredible. the sensor offers unlimited multitouch capability.

this may not sound like much, but having true multitouch rather than the n1's primarily software based multitouch, will make a big difference is using apps. for instance typing on the keyboard. with the n1 you technically could not hold a "control" key then hit "c" you would have to engage a "fn" key then hit "c". well if the incredible truly does have this sensor the incredible would be able to handle multiple keys being pressed. also a plus for when gaming. some games have on screen key controls, say we were playing an emulator running street fighter. with the incredible you'd be able to hold the "up" button and hit the "a" button to perform a strike in the air. you can not do that on the n1.

silly examples, but you get the idea, haha. its a huge plus in my book. i REALLY hope that our incredibles have that maXTouch sensor, that was one thing i was really bummed about when i originally wanted the n1, so glad that never came to be on vzw
I can press up and hit jump or shoot button on my nexus just fine.. I can press and hold forward and press jump at the same time...
Don't spread rumors saying he nexus one can't do This... I do it all the time..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:30 PM
Almost a VIP

Re: fluid multitouch - video, EDIT: we may have maXTouch

Wonder what his is doing in a VZW thread ??
Old 04-27-2010, 03:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
I can press up and hit jump or shoot button on my nexus just fine.. I can press and hold forward and press jump at the same time...
Don't spread rumors saying he nexus one can't do This... I do it all the time..
my bad. i am not in any way trying to bash or start rumors. i suppose i spoke out of line. i had read over at xda when teh n1 first hit that it had issues running the emulators, which is what i used in my example. i also read in that same thread that there was not true multitouch in the keyboard aspect. what i read could very well have been wrong. i am sorry i posted incorrect info. but thank you very much for posting your experiences. i wondering if it was simply software related with the emulators? i assumed that since the n1's multitouch limitations were hardware related that the issues i initially read about would not be fized. i should have checked up on the issue.

how is your keyboard multitouch though? if the n1 can recognize two inputs in the emulator it should be able on the keyboard as well...

none the less i really hope that we have the new maXTouch sensor in the incredible. a lot of sources are pointing to yes
Old 04-27-2010, 04:21 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
my bad. i am not in any way trying to bash or start rumors. i suppose i spoke out of line. i had read over at xda when teh n1 first hit that it had issues running the emulators, which is what i used in my example. i also read in that same thread that there was not true multitouch in the keyboard aspect. what i read could very well have been wrong. i am sorry i posted incorrect info. but thank you very much for posting your experiences. i wondering if it was simply software related with the emulators? i assumed that since the n1's multitouch limitations were hardware related that the issues i initially read about would not be fized. i should have checked up on the issue.

how is your keyboard multitouch though? if the n1 can recognize two inputs in the emulator it should be able on the keyboard as well...

none the less i really hope that we have the new maXTouch sensor in the incredible. a lot of sources are pointing to yes
On stock keyboard there is no multitouch, but smart keyboard does... at first the emulators could not track 2 fingers, that's not the case now, I used to not be able to run and jump at the same time, now its perfect and not a issue, I do agree the incredibles screen is way better, but the n1 will register moving and jumping or shooting at the same time....

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible