PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 04:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Isror is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I got my Droid Incredible Today

Well I was one of the lucky few that pre-ordered yesterday and received my Droid Incredible today rather than the 29th. So far this device is amazing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:51 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: I got my Droid Incredible Today

Very cool, would you mind listing the things that you are most impressed with as well as the things that you could do without? It might help others who are looking at getting this device.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900, TP, Touch Pro 2, HTC Incredible

Timeband is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isror View Post
Well I was one of the lucky few that pre-ordered yesterday and received my Droid Incredible today rather than the 29th. So far this device is amazing.

Agreed moar info!!!

Pictures, etc...
Does it snore, did you sleep with it under your pillow etc...

I am interested in Battery Life, particularly after several days when the battery has been trained.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:04 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

nuff said!
Old 04-21-2010, 09:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

Quote:
like i said in another thread, lets see some pics of the insides. "lucky few" eh? who else got one? haven't heard of any leaks. tried to pre order this myself in store, the manager said he'd get chewed out if he were to do that, online only i guess. my point is if you truly did get it, someones getting fired, and your not going to be able to activate that till the 29th i am sure
Old 04-21-2010, 11:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Here is the other thread I mainly post on. There are a few of us that got the Incredible early. In any event, here is my picture of it from yesterday.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

Quote:
Here is the other thread I mainly post on. There are a few of us that got the Incredible early. In any event, here is my picture of it from yesterday....
well color me embarassed...hope you understand why its hard to believe. you lucky lucky person. were you able to activate it?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/21/droid-incredible-arrives-early-for-a-few-lucky-smug-pre-orderer/

so how is it? are the insides of it still read like in early leaks? are you able to install apps to the internal 8gb? come on man give us some details, hahaha. wish i had pre ordered it now, haha
Old 04-21-2010, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
well color me embarassed...hope you understand why its hard to believe. you lucky lucky person. were you able to activate it?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/21/droid-incredible-arrives-early-for-a-few-lucky-smug-pre-orderer/

so how is it? are the insides of it still read like in early leaks? are you able to install apps to the internal 8gb? come on man give us some details, hahaha. wish i had pre ordered it now, haha
So far its amazing. The insides and battery are indeed still very bright red lol.

As far as applications on the 8gigs of internal storage, I don't believe so. If I'm reading this right we're given 748Mb of Phone Memory, of that I've got 709Mb free. So I don't think the 8gigs is all for apps, but maybe partitioned smaller for apps.

Call clarity is good as always, speed is amazing, even using live desktops I haven't seen any degradation in performance. The pinch feature to choose different desktops works quite well. I really don't have a use for the optical "trackball" but it works well.

The colors are extremely vibrant, and the display looks amazing. I've yet to try it in direct sunlight, but seeing as how I live in AZ, I may just try today lol.

If you have specific questions, feel free to ask
Old 04-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker

all of that sounds awesome, haha. 709mb is quite a bit of app space none the less. and i bet in time updates to the os will allow us to partition more of the 8gb interenal for apps as well.

how are the hard buttons? ie the power/volume buttons. do they feel nice? on my tp2 the voume rocker and power button always felt squishy, no clicking feeling or sound...i never really liked that.

how much free RAM do you get on boot?

hows the batt life so far?

well i am sure i will think of more, haha.

enjoy!
Old 04-21-2010, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
all of that sounds awesome, haha. 709mb is quite a bit of app space none the less. and i bet in time updates to the os will allow us to partition more of the 8gb interenal for apps as well.

how are the hard buttons? ie the power/volume buttons. do they feel nice? on my tp2 the voume rocker and power button always felt squishy, no clicking feeling or sound...i never really liked that.

how much free RAM do you get on boot?

hows the batt life so far?

well i am sure i will think of more, haha.

enjoy!
The only hard buttons on the Incredible is the volume rocker and the power button, both are a bit squishy. RAM at boot I'm to be honest not sure how to check that. The battery life holds up well from what I can see...It gets me through the day so far with plenty to spare. There is no independent camera button on this, so you need to use the optical "trackball" for the take picture button other than tapping the screen.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible