PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: droid incredible really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isror View Post
Well I got my Droid Incredible early today. So far its AMAZING.
well color me embarassed...hope you understand why its hard to believe. you lucky lucky person. were you able to activate it?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/21/d...g-pre-orderer/
Old 04-21-2010, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: THE INCREDIBLE "DROID I"
Carrier: Veriz-off

naejae730 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCX Designs View Post
I will miss the QWERTY from my TP2 but after seeing the search by Voice and landscape keyboard on screen, i'm thinking i will adapt to it
Guess that means you'll be switching. I will be too. Only had ym TP2 for 2 weeks. Good phone but I like to stay up to date on things. Glad to know someone else out there with a TP2 is jumping ship. Best of luck when you get yours. I'll be on the lookout for your reviews and tips...

"The difference between a SMART person and a WISE person is that a SMART person knows what to say, and a WISE person knows whether to say it or not".
Old 04-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by naejae730 View Post
Guess that means you'll be switching. I will be too. Only had ym TP2 for 2 weeks. Good phone but I like to stay up to date on things. Glad to know someone else out there with a TP2 is jumping ship. Best of luck when you get yours. I'll be on the lookout for your reviews and tips...
i think this phone will make a lot of people jump to android...just like the evo on sprint will. i had my tp2 for nearly 6 months. fun phone and all, but got bored/tired of it (well mainly winmo). and nothing will compare to its keyboard, so i figured why bother. maybe the tp3 will have a better (or just as good) keyboard...

if i were you i would definitely jump on the incredible. the tp2 is great and all but its just not incredible (pun intended?)
Old 04-21-2010, 10:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible / Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

NCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuff

I found this on the Verizon site, its a simulator to show you how to do certain tasks. http://support.vzw.com/swf/droid_inc...simulator.html

and then i found this (it made me happy!)

I hated how the dialer screen was on the emulator, XDAndroid for TP2

If you like my work and want to donate, click here
Want to see my themes? Click here
If I helped you in any way, please click the "THANKS" button.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
I found this on the Verizon site, its a simulator to show you how to do certain tasks. http://support.vzw.com/swf/droid_inc...simulator.html

and then i found this (it made me happy!)
I hated how the dialer screen was on the emulator, XDAndroid for TP2
thanks for the link. that dialer is probably the htc sense skin. it does look nice. i didn't mind the stock android one though, nice and clean, yet a little bland. i remember on my tp2 having to kill the htc dialer skin cause it hogged too many resources...it will be so nice to not have to worry about that anymore, haha

EDIT: that emulator is just a tease, haha. man i can't wait for this phone and to play with android...

Last edited by MrGoodCat; 04-21-2010 at 11:48 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:01 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi54
I too was a bit taken back by the "DROID Incredible" name but it does make sense for VZ.
They have spent a MASSIVE amount of Marketing dollars on the "droid does" campaign and lets be honest...most people couldn't tell you who makes the Droid, simply that it is a Droid. By lumping the HTC in under the Droid umbrella, Verizon can continue to capitalize on the momentum that the Droid marketing is gaining.
agreed. I work with two people who were unfamiliar with android, but knew exactly what droid does.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

they might call it droid incredible, but the box only says htc incredible... i think the droid part is just to help sell. everybody's seen the droid commercials, so it'll definitely catch their eye if they hear there's a new "droid"
Old 04-23-2010, 08:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It has an android OS and droid is short for android so they lump them all together. That's what people do.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 04-24-2010, 06:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible / Touch Pro 2

NCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
It has an android OS and droid is short for android so they lump them all together. That's what people do.
it seems DROID's name also might have a different purpose besides marketing
take a look at this Press Release Sirius XM just released about its Android App coming out soon.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/24/s...d-coming-soon/

it seems to be a designation of a class of device, like the "with Google" branding on Google Android Experience phones.

Edit: Anyone else get a shipment confirmation that there Incredible has shipped? mine has shipped according to the email and tracking, and unfortunately, my bank account .

Last edited by NCX Designs; 04-25-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:56 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
it seems DROID's name also might have a different purpose besides marketing
take a look at this Press Release Sirius XM just released about its Android App coming out soon.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/24/s...d-coming-soon/

it seems to be a designation of a class of device, like the "with Google" branding on Google Android Experience phones.

Edit: Anyone else get a shipment confirmation that there Incredible has shipped? mine has shipped according to the email and tracking, and unfortunately, my bank account .
How do you like it so far ?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible