PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 03:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: in the mean time...

I have seen that one, it is one of the better ones out there. The Incredible sure seems to live up to it's name (lets hope it does in real usage LOL)!!!!

Old 04-28-2010, 01:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Just read in the Incredible forum over at xda that Imagio batteries work in the Incredible . I've got 2 Imag batts so I'm in good shape. Will know for sure tomorrow.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 04-28-2010, 05:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
Just read in the Incredible forum over at xda that Imagio batteries work in the Incredible . I've got 2 Imag batts so I'm in good shape. Will know for sure tomorrow.
an fyi, android forums claims that the eris and tp2 batteries work as well.

i am hoping some extra juice filled, slim options come out soon...but boy do we have choices haha...talk about htc goin ots
Old 04-28-2010, 05:47 PM
Almost a VIP

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
an fyi, android forums claims that the eris and tp2 batteries work as well.

i am hoping some extra juice filled, slim options come out soon...but boy do we have choices haha...talk about htc goin ots
One post I read today said he put an Imagio battery in the phone and it worked.
I'll wait till mine comes tomorrow and try it before I believe it. That's just too good to be true. If it is true I would have three batteries.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Almost a VIP

They are also complaining that some screens have a pink hue and some a green hue , depending on when they were made.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

Quote:
One post I read today said he put an Imagio battery in the phone and it worked.
I'll wait till mine comes tomorrow and try it before I believe it. That's just too good to be true. If it is true I would have three batteries.
if companies can use the same part across multiple platforms they will. i have no doubt that these battery claims are true. and thats cool you already got some extra juice. the real question is does it fit under the backcover? it may power the phone but its gotta fit, haha

Quote:
They are also complaining that some screens have a pink hue and some a green hue , depending on when they were made.
this was an issue with the desire...read link below, very detailed.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=656128

in a nutshell (as i understood it) if your screen has a pink hue throughout apps, games, internet and so on, then you probably have a defective screen, return your phone and get a new one. if you only notice the pink hue when on the internet, and most typically in gray gradients, then that is just a fault of the amoled screen (firmware i think?). anyway, i hear its something you really gotta look for, unless you fall under the former and have a defective screen.

the green hue is new to me, hadn't heard that one. but i am not too worried about it. i will check instore when i pick it up tomorrow. if i am not blinded by pure adrenaline for finally getting this phone, i hope i will be able to tell if the pink (or green) hue is there and ask for a different one...
Old 04-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Almost a VIP

A poster that has been on ppcgeeks forever , a vip many times over, said that he had three phones of the same kind and all the screen hues were different when laid down side by side.

BATTERIES - HE SAID THEY DID FIT UNDER THE COVER.

Last edited by jbh00jh; 04-28-2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
A poster that has been on ppcgeeks forever , a vip many times over, said that he had three phones of the same kind and all the screen hues were different when laid down side by side.

BATTERIES - HE SAID THEY DID FIT UNDER THE COVER.
awesome that the batts will work for you!

now do you mean three incredibles side by side? i wonder if auto dimming was enabled and had something to do with it. i don't know, just throwin ideas out. when i look over the phone tomorrow, i will be making sure it looks ok before i accept it. i don't want bad colors, haha. but i think this whole issue is being hyped more than it needs to be. oh well, guess we'll find out soon enough.

i think i may head to a verizon store tonight a see if i can check out a demo phone. i hoping that will put me at ease a little tomorrow while i wait to get off work to get my phone. however it could completely back fire and make me want it even more. i hope i don't try and run outa the store with it, haha...
Old 04-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
awesome that the batts will work for you!

now do you mean three incredibles side by side? i wonder if auto dimming was enabled and had something to do with it. i don't know, just throwin ideas out. when i look over the phone tomorrow, i will be making sure it looks ok before i accept it. i don't want bad colors, haha. but i think this whole issue is being hyped more than it needs to be. oh well, guess we'll find out soon enough.

i think i may head to a verizon store tonight a see if i can check out a demo phone. i hoping that will put me at ease a little tomorrow while i wait to get off work to get my phone. however it could completely back fire and make me want it even more. i hope i don't try and run outa the store with it, haha...
No ,it was not three Incredibles, another ppc.

Other posters said if they turned up the backlight the tint turned back to white.

Some of the guys were moto droid fans flaming the Incredible. All the good ppc sites , C/Net , Boy Gen report, etc. gave this phone good reviews.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
No ,it was not three Incredibles, another ppc.

Other posters said if they turned up the backlight the tint turned back to white.

Some of the guys were moto droid fans flaming the Incredible. All the good ppc sites , C/Net , Boy Gen report, etc. gave this phone good reviews.
spot on. exactly my point. its getting way hyped. it wasn't mentioned at all in any official reviews (none that i read). typically they will look for anything that could be wrong with the phone. i can't wait to get mine! gonna head to a local vzw store in a couple hours and see if i can play with a demo unit, i am gettin antsy haha!

i read on android forums that some people were selling their early received incredibles on ebay for $1500+ is that not insane?! i have checked a few times on ebay and haven't seen any up for bid, so who knows maybe they were bs'ing. but i would believe it, haha.

i am really curious to see how batt life will be on this guy. since it is such a thin phone i'd be willing to try an extended batt if need be. i just hate thick phones. my tp2 was way to bulgy in my pocket (and i am not a tight jeans guy to clarify, haha) but there was talk also on android forums about a 2150mah batt that only added 1mm of thickness, yet again no link, and that one i highly doubt is true, the thickness part that is...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible