PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Droid Eris

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 03:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

tmoney7mile is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Get droid eris on Sprint network?

I have the same question? Let me restate it can you unlock or jailbreak the Moto Droid and use it on sprint? I have been a customer with sprint for over 11 years no problems. You pick whichever floats your boat, but is it possible to unlock this phone or jailbreak it? Thank you in advance for real help!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc imagio
Carrier: verizon

dressagerider is a n00b

I have the eris with verizon and love it, but I have also heard great things about sprint's hero. I think sprint has the best costumer service, but they have noooooo strength in my area. I tried to switch and had to switch back to verizon due to dropped calls and no signal. I live in South Carolina. It is frustrating, though, because sprint does have much better rates and customer service. Good Luck!!
Old 02-12-2010, 03:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

entropism is keeping up the good workentropism is keeping up the good workentropism is keeping up the good work

Here, from an employee (me): Sprint will NEVER activate a phone that doesn't have a Sprint logo on it. Simple, end of story. Trust me, I wish I could get around it on a few phones, but it's not happening.

As for coverage, especially in NYC: I've been with Sprint for a loooong time, and I worked in NYC for the majority of that time. I've had about 5 dropped calls total in about 10 years that were due to MY phone. And no, I'm not using the phone for about 100 minutes per month, there were times I was using 4000+ minutes per month for work.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hero cdma
Carrier: sprint

drksilenc is keeping up the good workdrksilenc is keeping up the good work

question since the eris and hero are just same phone different shell basically could you put the hero rom on or wouldnt that make a difference cause of the esn?
Old 02-19-2010, 02:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by seltrecht View Post
Anyone have a answer to this question?
The answer is no. Sprint doesn't allow non-sprint devices on their network. They won't add the ESN to their database. You have a better chance of getting it to run on Cricket/Metro PCS, than using it on Sprint.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TPduece

sk8boardd is becoming a great contributor

lets pretend that the esn doesnt matter. Then can it be made to work with sprint?
Old 02-28-2010, 02:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TPduece

sk8boardd is becoming a great contributor

answer is most likely yes. you will find more help on the step in question on
mobile-files.us
Old 02-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon/Cricket

pkopalek is a n00b

You'd be best to sell your Eris and find a good deal on a Hero.

Hero actually also only has 65k color screen, and Eris has 262k or so.

The proximity sensor is a joke. It's a light sensor, next to the earpiece. Not a true proximity sensor.

And the capacitive buttons are awful. I WISH I could put a Hero on Verizon, because I'd kill for physical buttons. The capacitive ones, you're not sure if you hit them, especially if there's lag, and they're harder to accurately hit.

Outside that, Sprint, nor Verizon are both companies that will almost NEVER allow a non-Sprint or non-Verizon phone to be on them. The Eris would be VERY hard pressed to be on sprint. You'd have to make the MEID look like a Sprint phone's. Good luck with that.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

entropism is keeping up the good workentropism is keeping up the good workentropism is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8boardd View Post
lets pretend that the esn doesnt matter. Then can it be made to work with sprint?
Holy hell... OK, one more time, for those who didn't pay attention before, and this time I'll put it in big letters for you:

Sprint will NOT activate ANY device that does not have the SPRINT LOGO on it. If it did not COME FROM SPRINT, Sprint will NOT ACTIVATE IT.

You want to change your ESN to get it on the network? It's a FEDERAL OFFENSE, and yes, they do consider it serious enough to actively go after you. Oh, yeah, and it STILL WON'T WORK. Any idea why? Oh, yeah, BECAUSE IT'S NOT A SPRINT PHONE.

Sorry about the overload of capslock, folks, but I can't stress this enough here.

If you want me to spell out why, I'll be glad to, but let's stop beating this dead horse already.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour

omcdaniel3 is a n00b

If a ESN has been on the cricket network how do you get it back into the Sprint database. And it was an originally a sprint phone

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Droid Eris