\"PPCGeeks\"

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Thin I've bricked it :( (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99799)

alex jb 12-02-2009 05:48 PM

Thin I've bricked it :(

I read this here about re-locking...

Also, I discovered some info that should help you get relocked. It involves the same process once you've gotten back to shipped, but you'll need to get the second file onto your internal storage while you still know you have access to it via USB. Then you can rename it when you're ready to run it.

I've attached the Diamond Relocker file. Extract that and look for the RUUSigned.nbh file. This one will be smaller in size than the Sprint file, this is just intended to relock your phone. You'll need to change the name of the file you used first (DIAMIMG) to something else and change the Relocker's RUU to DIAMIMG. You'll do the same process to get it to run as you did getting back to Sprint Shipped.

So after flashing back to stock from the internal storage I've then got the RUUsigned.nbh from the re-locker, renamed it to DIAMIMG.nbh and downloaded it from an e-mail to internal storage.
Then followed the instruction to bootloader and got the gray screen and it went off... the tri color came up and it says 'upgrade rom code error please try again'
trigering boot loader just gets the gray screen with 'loading...' and nothing happens

I can't connect to pc because the port is screwed, that's why I was doing all this in the first place. :(

Is it time to 'loose' this bad boy or accidentally run over it with my truck?

MrObvious 12-02-2009 06:14 PM

Re: Thin I've bricked it :(

Can you get back into Windows Mobile?

alex jb 12-02-2009 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 1380731)
Can you get back into Windows Mobile?

Nope, nothing other than the gray screen, or the boot loader screen with 'upgrade rom code error please try again'

MrObvious 12-02-2009 07:25 PM

Well I think you bricked it enough. LOL!

shadowmite 12-02-2009 11:06 PM

If you can connect to a pc it most likely can be recovered... If you boot into the bootloader what does it say?

alex jb 12-02-2009 11:51 PM

No PC connection, that was shy I was trying to flash it to sprint shipped and re-lock.

bootloader says 'upgrade rom code error please try again'
Can't see how I can get round this one :(

alex jb 12-03-2009 12:02 AM

I just checked on my insurance... It's $100 per claim for a lost/stolen/damaged replacement phone.

I just bought a new phone on e-bay

Adios Dimond - hello touch pro.

socodemon 12-03-2009 12:04 AM

have you tried to flash from a different rom from sd card?

Jadall 12-03-2009 12:28 AM

diamond has a built in storage so it doesn't have sd slot like the touch pro :(

CaliBoyPhillip 12-03-2009 12:35 AM

Did you try taking your phone or calling sprint? perhaps they will change it? I hope the tp treats you will =]