PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[HELP] Virtual Kitchen Question

When I'm at home (Vista) I have to right click the VK.exe and select to "Run as administrator" in order to make it work. That's not a big deal, but when I'm at work (XP Pro) I'd like to be able to do some cooking and I'm not an admin on my network. So there's no way to get VK to run on my work computer. Does anyone know if there is or can be a way to make the VK run without asking for Admin credentials?

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!
Old 12-02-2009, 04:03 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [HELP] Virtual Kitchen Question

Have you tried just running it without trying to run as administrator?

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 12-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Have you tried just running it without trying to run as administrator?
Well on XP Pro at work it will not let me run it without an admin logon. Is there a way to do that? The old Kitchens strangly enough would let me run them and build without the admin logon, but the ROMs would never flash that way. They were always corrupted.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDColeslaw View Post
When I'm at home (Vista) I have to right click the VK.exe and select to "Run as administrator" in order to make it work. That's not a big deal, but when I'm at work (XP Pro) I'd like to be able to do some cooking and I'm not an admin on my network. So there's no way to get VK to run on my work computer. Does anyone know if there is or can be a way to make the VK run without asking for Admin credentials?
I doubt there's much you can do if your computer is locked down. You'd need to find a way to gain administrative privileges on your work machine.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:17 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDColeslaw View Post
Well on XP Pro at work it will not let me run it without an admin logon. Is there a way to do that? The old Kitchens strangly enough would let me run them and build without the admin logon, but the ROMs would never flash that way. They were always corrupted.
Yeah, I know that xp doesnt require you to run as administrator but to bypass admin levels at a work facility, i dont know that you can without knowing the admin user and pass. Sorry i couldnt help.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

abcxyz123 is a n00b

Hi guys, every time I try to run visual kitchen, I get this error "Initialization Error!". I've tried it on multiple PCs at home and I get the same error. But I tried it at work and it worked fine. I am currently running windows XP pro. Am I missing something?

thanks..
Old 12-02-2009, 05:20 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcxyz123 View Post
Hi guys, every time I try to run visual kitchen, I get this error "Initialization Error!". I've tried it on multiple PCs at home and I get the same error. But I tried it at work and it worked fine. I am currently running windows XP pro. Am I missing something?

thanks..
Maybe .net Framework 3.5?
Old 12-02-2009, 05:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

abcxyz123 is a n00b

Hey thanks...I had to uninstall .net Framework and reinstall it. It works now. Thanks...
Old 12-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Yeah I know I cant really get around the admin lock down at work. I'm wondering what makes the VK tell XP that it needs admin priv to run it. If it's something in the kitchen I thought maybe it could be modified to not require admin privileges
Old 12-04-2009, 12:43 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the HTC Diamond forum.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond