PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   [HELP] Virtual Kitchen Question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99773)

PMDColeslaw 12-02-2009 03:30 PM

[HELP] Virtual Kitchen Question

When I'm at home (Vista) I have to right click the VK.exe and select to "Run as administrator" in order to make it work. That's not a big deal, but when I'm at work (XP Pro) I'd like to be able to do some cooking and I'm not an admin on my network. So there's no way to get VK to run on my work computer. Does anyone know if there is or can be a way to make the VK run without asking for Admin credentials?

KBZL 12-02-2009 04:03 PM

Re: [HELP] Virtual Kitchen Question

Have you tried just running it without trying to run as administrator?

PMDColeslaw 12-02-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbussen (Post 1380339)
Have you tried just running it without trying to run as administrator?

Well on XP Pro at work it will not let me run it without an admin logon. Is there a way to do that? The old Kitchens strangly enough would let me run them and build without the admin logon, but the ROMs would never flash that way. They were always corrupted.

mwalt2 12-02-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMDColeslaw (Post 1380248)
When I'm at home (Vista) I have to right click the VK.exe and select to "Run as administrator" in order to make it work. That's not a big deal, but when I'm at work (XP Pro) I'd like to be able to do some cooking and I'm not an admin on my network. So there's no way to get VK to run on my work computer. Does anyone know if there is or can be a way to make the VK run without asking for Admin credentials?

I doubt there's much you can do if your computer is locked down. You'd need to find a way to gain administrative privileges on your work machine.

KBZL 12-02-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMDColeslaw (Post 1380366)
Well on XP Pro at work it will not let me run it without an admin logon. Is there a way to do that? The old Kitchens strangly enough would let me run them and build without the admin logon, but the ROMs would never flash that way. They were always corrupted.

Yeah, I know that xp doesnt require you to run as administrator but to bypass admin levels at a work facility, i dont know that you can without knowing the admin user and pass. Sorry i couldnt help.

abcxyz123 12-02-2009 05:09 PM

Hi guys, every time I try to run visual kitchen, I get this error "Initialization Error!". I've tried it on multiple PCs at home and I get the same error. But I tried it at work and it worked fine. I am currently running windows XP pro. Am I missing something?

thanks..

KBZL 12-02-2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abcxyz123 (Post 1380555)
Hi guys, every time I try to run visual kitchen, I get this error "Initialization Error!". I've tried it on multiple PCs at home and I get the same error. But I tried it at work and it worked fine. I am currently running windows XP pro. Am I missing something?

thanks..

Maybe .net Framework 3.5?

abcxyz123 12-02-2009 05:44 PM

Hey thanks...I had to uninstall .net Framework and reinstall it. It works now. Thanks...

PMDColeslaw 12-02-2009 07:58 PM

Yeah I know I cant really get around the admin lock down at work. I'm wondering what makes the VK tell XP that it needs admin priv to run it. If it's something in the kitchen I thought maybe it could be modified to not require admin privileges

rstoyguy 12-04-2009 12:43 PM

Moved to the HTC Diamond forum.