PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

mogulman01 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Any way to get rid of separate Volume screen?

Does anyone know if there is a way to remove the separate screen when you do volume up/down on the Touch Diamond?

It's annoying if you are playing a game, using Sling Player or listening to music to have the screen change to that "Volume screen" when ever you increase or decrease the volume.

Sometimes it causes the apps to pause too. I used to wait until the volume went away, but found I can tap the screen to get rid of it, or press the button. I'd really like to get rid of it all together though.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Any way to get rid of separate Volume screen?

That's a great question. I have't seen anything that can delete that. I did however find myself a set of sony headphones with a volume control on the cord. This works especially good on my TP2 as it has a headphone jack. But it wouldn't help you with your scenario if you are not using headphones.
I'll check back to see if anyone has a good answer as I am curious as well.
p.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:15 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Find a ROM without it cooked in.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mogulman01 is a n00b

hmm..know of any?

Is it something that can be enabled or disabled via rom or registry?
Old 12-02-2009, 07:25 PM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Mine. I kinda had to leave it out because the latest build of WM 6.5 doesn't work with it so you have to use the WM volume control. It's under the Upgrades section under Obviously Stable ROM.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mogulman01 is a n00b

So is there some reason I would want it in there? Is it better or worse than the windows version?

Can I delete some file or do something without going to another ROM? I'm pretty happy with Mighty Rom 4.0 besides the volume thing. I didn't really want to change to 6.5.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:28 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Find a ROM without it cooked in.
I think he doesnt want the volume control to come up at all. Meaning, by adjusting the volume, it just does it with no visual display. Am I right, mogulman?

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:30 AM
I see you have a PPC.

Yes that's what he ment but you can't do that. Unless you just don't use the volume keys and use the long press end for vibrate/ring.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:34 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Yes that's what he ment but you can't do that. Unless you just don't use the volume keys and use the long press end for vibrate/ring.
Oh, i thought there was a misunderstanding. My mistake.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: uh what
Carrier: boost

justinx is a n00b

I too find it very anoying. Even if someone could figure out a new window for it. Say one with a clear background and shrink it to make it realy tiny and disapear quickly.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond