PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Called my local Sprint store - replacement (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99578)

alex jb 12-01-2009 02:39 PM

Called my local Sprint store - replacement

... they said it's very unlikely I will get my unit repaired, more likely would be a replacement (new or used) Diamond.
what do I do about the invisi shield?
Do they re-stick if you take them off?
it was a PITA to put on, maybe I'll just get the screen next time.

This is because my port seems to have stopped working for anything other than charging.
Is this common?
4 months is kinda short lifespan for hardware :angry7:

Any advice how to FTP my internal storage contents to somewhere, then I can drag it down to my pc?
I'm not a FTP user before.

Thanks.

Dr.8820 12-01-2009 02:46 PM

Re: Called my local Sprint store - replacement

using active sync is the best way to back up your files. there are also some back up programs floating around that do the trick too.

alex jb 12-01-2009 03:02 PM

thanks, but active sync is not working, no connection, that's the reason the phone's got to go back.

I've used PIM backup and e-mailed myself the file, so contacts etc are safe.

basilray 12-01-2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex jb (Post 1377225)
thanks, but active sync is not working, no connection, that's the reason the phone's got to go back.

I've used PIM backup and e-mailed myself the file, so contacts etc are safe.

I would suggest using SPB Backup or PIM to compress the contents of your internal storage and e-mail that to yourself as well. Delete anything you don't need to help keep it a smaller file.

How much to you have on your storage?

alex jb 12-01-2009 05:22 PM

I've got about 3.2GB of the internal storage full, probably about 2GB of that I can dump and get back from my laptop.

It's the 1+GB of photos/ video that I want to get out of the phone that I can't seem to manage.
I looked at PIM's ability to back it up, but it can't see the internal storage as a directory to back up from, only to back up to.

cardriver 12-01-2009 07:41 PM

bluetooth transfer?/

cardriver 12-01-2009 07:42 PM

or wifi. add it to your network and i think you can map a drive...i remember being able to browse my network and pull files off my computer using WIFI on my mogul.

AZTECHKA 12-01-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex jb (Post 1377632)
I've got about 3.2GB of the internal storage full, probably about 2GB of that I can dump and get back from my laptop.

It's the 1+GB of photos/ video that I want to get out of the phone that I can't seem to manage.
I looked at PIM's ability to back it up, but it can't see the internal storage as a directory to back up from, only to back up to.

Not sure about the videos... but if you are really concerned about the photos... You can always upload them to flicker... It's free and it will take a bit of time to transfer all your photos... But might be just what you need.

AZTECHKA 12-01-2009 07:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the cab.
Also... You can sign up for Microsoft My Phone through the windows marketplace and it gives you an option to back up all your pictures and videos, contacts, calendar, text messages, music and documents.
p.

fixxxer2012 12-01-2009 08:15 PM

your gonna get a refurb, trust me.