PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 09:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero!!!
Carrier: Sprint

mconig78 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Called my local Sprint store - replacement

try microsoft myphone. it worked for me. and yes you will more than likely get a refurb.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldehoyos View Post
Here's the cab.
Also... You can sign up for Microsoft My Phone through the windows marketplace and it gives you an option to back up all your pictures and videos, contacts, calendar, text messages, music and documents.
p.
I tried flickr, it was sooo slow a process, gave up after 4 photos.

I dumped all my music and any video's that I can get from my laptop, internal storage is down to about 1.6meg

got a @live.com account... now that seems more like it.
I've been syncing for about 20 mins now, it seems to have taken contacts & calendar etc and is just starting on photo's and video.

After signing up for a live account, I went to myphone app and logged in, it told me that the myphone was not the latest and the link it sent me to did not download correctly the update.
I'm running Calukins rom and this is all on the diamond through the app and opera.
So I just googled 'microsoft myphone' and came up with:-
http://myphone.microsoft.com/mkweb/S...rosoft_myphone

Downloaded the latest version from there and after a required soft reset, went back to myphone and it has taken about 20 mins to upload 32206kb of video/text/contacts/documents to my live account.

After sync completed it says 'some files were skipped because your web account is full', but I don't know what files, looked through the pics and videos and they all seem to be there.
Just archived a load of the videos adter downloading them to my pc, you can tick the box to remove them from your ppc at the next sync or not.

So far I tseems like a great way to back up your phone stuff if you can't active sync or just want a free web hosted copy of all your stuff.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero!!!

mconig78 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex jb View Post

I dumped all my music and any video's that I can get from my laptop, internal storage is down to about 1.6meg

I've been syncing for about 20 mins now, it seems to have taken contacts & calendar etc and is just starting on photo's and video.

After signing up for a live account, I went to myphone app and logged in, it told me that the myphone was not the latest and the link it sent me to did not download correctly the update.
I'm running Calukins rom and this is all on the diamond through the app and opera.

Downloaded the latest version from there and after a required soft reset, went back to myphone and it has taken about 20 mins to upload 32206kb of video/text/contacts/documents to my live account.

After sync completed it says 'some files were skipped because your web account is full', but I don't know what files, looked through the pics and videos and they all seem to be there.
Just archived a load of the videos adter downloading them to my pc, you can tick the box to remove them from your ppc at the next sync or not.

So far I tseems like a great way to back up your phone stuff if you can't active sync or just want a free web hosted copy of all your stuff.
yea i like myphone. you can set it up to automatically sync. so you dont have to worry about it. im suprised more people dont talk about it.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:

Here to help bro... Now when you get your replacement... get my phone on it installed... and it will automatically get you your pictures and videos.
Pretty sweet.
p.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

iwillfearnoevil is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
your gonna get a refurb, trust me.
my diamond couldn't be repaired under esrp at local store last weekend (screen alignment messed up) and they had nothing in stock so ordered a replacement to my house. it wasn't in a retail box and no battery but it looked brand new - no scratches, plastic covering all over screen and sides/back of diamond.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC hero

Never4saken is keeping up the good workNever4saken is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I've got about 3.2GB of the internal storage full, probably about 2GB of that I can dump and get back from my laptop.

It's the 1+GB of photos/ video that I want to get out of the phone that I can't seem to manage.
I looked at PIM's ability to back it up, but it can't see the internal storage as a directory to back up from, only to back up to.
How about using Sprint's version of back up, or Microsoft My Phone for your pictures?

I need help man, I am a total ROM Junkie.
...anyone know where I can find an RA (ROM Anonymous) meeting?
Old 12-03-2009, 10:07 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

If you got a gig of pictures then the only way to get that off is to zip it up and transfer it via wi-fi or something.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb

the myphone this workd great for me.
took about 20 mins to upload it all over EVDO and I even made a call while it was working, no probs.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond