PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond/6950
Carrier: Sprint

KillinKrullin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to KillinKrullin
Question about Roms and Messaging

I have a question.

How come i cant find a ROM that supports quick threaded text messaging?

ive tried a handful of ROMS and they all suck the D when it comes to text messaging performance. im sick of waiting for the screen refresh for up to 1.5min before i can tap something else. it is very painful just to reply to a text.

Some roms were a little better than others but all are severly slow when it comes to text messaging. i tried all the roms that say they are most stable and are lite versions for perfomance. for the most part i have no propblems at with any other application other than texting.

any ideas? is my phone broken? does the diamond suck? am i choosing the wrong ROMs? suggestions?

thanks in advance for your help, im pulling my hair out.

- Bill
Old 11-25-2009, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: _
Carrier: _

OrBy is keeping up the good workOrBy is keeping up the good work
Re: Question about Roms and Messaging

How many messages are you keeping on the device?
Old 11-25-2009, 03:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

KillinKrullin is a n00b

i think the last time i did a PIM restore it said something like 200? sound about right? i have never changed the defaults on that though
Old 11-25-2009, 04:28 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Try my ROM. It's blazing fast 6.5 and basic, no frills or Manila to slow you down. That said try clearing your texts everyday. If you want to back them up what I do is use My Phone to back it up overnight then I just simply delete it in the morning. It works pretty slick.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

KillinKrullin is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Try my ROM. It's blazing fast 6.5 and basic, no frills or Manila to slow you down. That said try clearing your texts everyday. If you want to back them up what I do is use My Phone to back it up overnight then I just simply delete it in the morning. It works pretty slick.
no link in your sig, and OMJ2.5 Manila has manila, yes? i think thats the one im running that is the worst for texting. and mms doesnt come though properly
Old 11-26-2009, 11:53 PM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Sorry. Go here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97841
Old 11-29-2009, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

SComp23 is keeping up the good workSComp23 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillinKrullin View Post
I have a question.

How come i cant find a ROM that supports quick threaded text messaging?

ive tried a handful of ROMS and they all suck the D when it comes to text messaging performance. im sick of waiting for the screen refresh for up to 1.5min before i can tap something else. it is very painful just to reply to a text.

Some roms were a little better than others but all are severly slow when it comes to text messaging. i tried all the roms that say they are most stable and are lite versions for perfomance. for the most part i have no propblems at with any other application other than texting.

any ideas? is my phone broken? does the diamond suck? am i choosing the wrong ROMs? suggestions?

thanks in advance for your help, im pulling my hair out.

- Bill
I'm with you on this, it drives me insane.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:54 PM
I see you have a PPC.

Well you can try it. Also another tip is to clear out your text messages everyday.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

SComp23 is keeping up the good workSComp23 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Well you can try it. Also another tip is to clear out your text messages everyday.
I might give it a shot, I've been running Energy Rom for the last 3 or 4 months and just recently it's been giving me problems, weird.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond-cdma

gsxrlo is a n00b

Same here, I was so excited Flashing all the great 6.5 and 6.5.x ROMs with the new TF3Ds but after going thru 5 of them and getting the same awefull result on Messaging and some of them on top the dialing, I gave up on 6.5 (i think Diamonds cant handle the 6.5).

I have been running a 6.1.x with the lastes builds that have the new Manila look and it works great.

I say stick with ROMS that have the 6.1.x until Sprint actually realese the 6.5 for our phone as OEM, maybe that way it will perform like it is ment to.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond