PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   broken sync - return to stock NEED sprint stock RUU.nbh (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99233)

alex jb 11-29-2009 06:19 PM

broken sync - return to stock NEED sprint stock RUU.nbh

I read a couple of threads on this, but still not sure if I should flash a stock rom before even seting foot in the sprint store?

USB will charge the phone but no sync for the last week whatever I do.

my diamond is unlocked (obviously) and has Calkulins rom along with a bunch of other cab's, how far should I clen it up before going in?

MrObvious 11-29-2009 07:12 PM

Re: broken sync - return to stock before going to sprint store?

Ideally flashing back to shipped is what you want to do but since that's rather hard I would suggest finding a way to get the RUU .nbh file to the \Internal Storage\ and rename it to DIAMIMG.nbh then go to bootloader.

Fua 11-29-2009 09:14 PM

What MrO. said.

I had the same problem (charge but no sync). I just emailed myself the necessary .nbh files (one for stock ROM and one for relocking) and then flashed through bootloader.
As a side note, the final flash went haywire but the phone already looked "locked".
Hope that helps.

alex jb 11-30-2009 10:15 AM

Thanks guys.

I am unsure though if I will try to get a waranty now or wait.
I'm kinda annoyed that I can't get all the data off the internal storage without e-mailing every photo/video/audio file to myself...

orangekid 11-30-2009 12:10 PM

is it just activesync or does it not show up as a drive either.

also make sure its not the USB cable! i had a bad cable that charged my phnoe but would not sync to the computer, got a new cable for $4, and it worked fine. is it frayed or damaged in any way?

MrObvious 11-30-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex jb (Post 1373305)
Thanks guys.

I am unsure though if I will try to get a waranty now or wait.
I'm kinda annoyed that I can't get all the data off the internal storage without e-mailing every photo/video/audio file to myself...

Zip it up then transfer it that way. I don't know if there are any WM FTP clients but you could FTP it up somewhere.

alex jb 11-30-2009 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1373534)
is it just activesync or does it not show up as a drive either.

also make sure its not the USB cable! i had a bad cable that charged my phnoe but would not sync to the computer, got a new cable for $4, and it worked fine. is it frayed or damaged in any way?

Unfortunately I've gone through a host of usb cables, 3 different computers and still no sync, not showing up as just a drive either.

Guess I need to look into file transfering over my data connection...
maybe wifi to my laptop would be easier/quicker, never tried to make the two talk before without a usb cable.

alex jb 12-02-2009 12:53 PM

Re: broken sync - return to stock NEED sprint stock RUU.nbh

Anyone have the sprint shipped RUU.nbh file?

I got my data off, so I need to take Mr O's advice and get the phone as stock as possible before going back to the store.

Also, how to get into boot loader?

MrObvious 12-02-2009 01:37 PM

It's in the sticky in the Upgrades section I think. Just download the RUU and unzip it with WinRAR.

alex jb 12-02-2009 02:20 PM

I did find I had the stock sprint rom .exe on my pc so I extracted the RUU and e-mailed it to myself, going to give it a try now.