PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Manila 2.5 Stability? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=98970)

Fua 11-27-2009 09:23 PM

Manila 2.5 Stability?

I couldn't find a discussion of this topic, so decided to start it myself.

What do people think on the stability of various Manila 2.5 ROMs for the Diamond?
It looks like a number of cooks are making good progress, and I really like the look and feel of 2.5.

I'll be trying some of those myself, but wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions/warnings.

mre981 11-28-2009 01:47 AM

Re: Manila 2.5 Stability?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fua (Post 1367620)
I couldn't find a discussion of this topic, so decided to start it myself.

What do people think on the stability of various Manila 2.5 ROMs for the Diamond?
It looks like a number of cooks are making good progress, and I really like the look and feel of 2.5.

I'll be trying some of those myself, but wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions/warnings.

It's all a matter of preference..different cooks put in different things-some are a bit buggier than others.
I flashed OMJ's HTC Sense and I can tell you it's awesome..I haven't had a single problem.
I will say one thing-as I'm sure you know-flash to stock first, then to the ROM you want.
I haven't had any problems with manila 2.5

Fua 11-28-2009 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mre981 (Post 1368211)
It's all a matter of preference..different cooks put in different things-some are a bit buggier than others.
I flashed OMJ's HTC Sense and I can tell you it's awesome..I haven't had a single problem.
I will say one thing-as I'm sure you know-flash to stock first, then to the ROM you want.
I haven't had any problems with manila 2.5

Thanks for the info. How is the battery life on that bad boy?

What's the difference between flashing to stock vs shipped? I know there is an explanation on here somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

fixxxer2012 11-28-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fua (Post 1368413)
Thanks for the info. How is the battery life on that bad boy?

What's the difference between flashing to stock vs shipped? I know there is an explanation on here somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

battery life is bad, trust me. also as of now you can't change the background wallpapers.

MrObvious 11-28-2009 01:51 PM

Fua: Stock is just the ROM, Shipped restores the radio and other things needed for carrier provisioning and stuff.

Fua 11-28-2009 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 (Post 1368842)
battery life is bad, trust me. also as of now you can't change the background wallpapers.

I can live without the wall papers; it's the battery life that concerns me :)

Most importantly, thought, I wanted to see if the phone crashes much.

Fua 11-28-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 1369006)
Fua: Stock is just the ROM, Shipped restores the radio and other things needed for carrier provisioning and stuff.

Thanks MrO. I can always count on you to set me straight!
Should I flash to Stock or Shipped in between custom ROM flashes?
(I know there is a thread here that answers that exact question, but I can't find it for the life of me :) )

copper rs 11-28-2009 05:12 PM

I'm using OMJ's sense rom and I think the battery is pretty normal compared to most of the 6.5 roms. The rom is totally stable, but a few things like the SMS interface lag more than they used to on manila 2.1. Its a very liveable rom and will only get better with time. I like it a lot.

fixxxer2012 11-28-2009 07:35 PM

when they fix us being able to change our backgrounds ill give 2.5 a shot.

MrObvious 11-29-2009 02:32 AM

Never stock, always shipped.