PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Alltel to Verizon, Any chance? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=98710)

Klauven 11-26-2009 02:12 AM

Alltel to Verizon, Any chance?

So, I bought a cheap diamond to replace my old XV6900(Vogue) off ebay. I bought an Alltel branded one since they can be unlocked and I figured I had a good chance the ESN was already on Verizon's network. Well, I tried activating it online with no success. "The phone associated with the ESN/MEID you entered cannot be activated." I have not unlocked or reflashed the phone. Is there any chance of getting this on Verizon? I don't like the idea of calling customer service cause I dont want to bring any attention to the sweet deal I have, but if my chances are good I will. I guess if there is no chance, I will sell it on ebay as an Alltel only phone. *chuckles* Perhaps I will do the past owner a favor and delete all the nude/hardcore pics and videos of his girlfriends before I resell it.

Anyways, I appreciate any insight on the subject.

robsta 11-26-2009 04:50 AM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Diamond: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

LMAO! he left those? that is so funny.

Ive heard sucess stories on Verizon with an Alltel phone, but its a matter of getting a good rep on the phone to help you. Once activated, youll have to figure out how to get data working, which usually requires a call to a verizon tech to assist. Just call and see, then call again if that rep won't do it. You can't do anything with that phone without a rep's help.

Klauven 11-26-2009 10:38 AM

Re: Alltel to Verizon, Any chance?

Robsta-You know what makes it even funnier? He deleted all his contacts, email settings and text messages but somehow missed dozens of obscene photographs and a even a couple videos.

I guess I will give calling a try. If I have no luck getting it activated, any ideas on which way to flash it to make it the most appealing on ebay? Maybe I could even turn a small profit since I only paid $100 and its in pristine condition.

crackedvenom 11-26-2009 02:02 PM

i wouldnt see why they wouldnt help you. they just transitioned from alltel, the phones should still work. one thing you dont want to do is tell them you bought the phone off ebay, i hear they dont like that very much. I usually just say i got it from a friend

JFettig 11-26-2009 09:09 PM

Hey, I'm looking for one of these cheap

YGPM

Thanks,

Klauven 11-28-2009 08:05 PM

I tried calling Verizon, but no joy. So, what networks can this Alltel phone be used on? I am guessing Sprint wouldnt activate either, so Cricket and who else?

MrObvious 11-29-2009 02:31 AM

Verizon should work. I find it odd they wouldn't. Try calling tech support.

Klauven 11-29-2009 08:36 PM

I actually talked to tech support, no joy. I have read threads from other people also having no luck getting Verizon to activate Alltel phones. I elected just to put it back up on ebay and hope I can get all my money back on it.

alex jb 12-01-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klauven (Post 1372156)
I actually talked to tech support, no joy. I have read threads from other people also having no luck getting Verizon to activate Alltel phones. I elected just to put it back up on ebay and hope I can get all my money back on it.

Did you sell it?

I bet you could have got $50 for the nudie shots of the last guys girlfriend ;)

KBZL 12-01-2009 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex jb (Post 1377259)
Did you sell it?

I bet you could have got $50 for the nudie shots of the last guys girlfriend ;)

Heck, if she is decent looking, ill give you 100. Lol =D>