PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Question about Roms and Messaging (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=98581)

KillinKrullin 11-25-2009 01:49 PM

Question about Roms and Messaging

I have a question.

How come i cant find a ROM that supports quick threaded text messaging?

ive tried a handful of ROMS and they all suck the D when it comes to text messaging performance. im sick of waiting for the screen refresh for up to 1.5min before i can tap something else. it is very painful just to reply to a text.

Some roms were a little better than others but all are severly slow when it comes to text messaging. i tried all the roms that say they are most stable and are lite versions for perfomance. for the most part i have no propblems at with any other application other than texting.

any ideas? is my phone broken? does the diamond suck? am i choosing the wrong ROMs? suggestions?

thanks in advance for your help, im pulling my hair out.

- Bill

OrBy 11-25-2009 02:29 PM

Re: Question about Roms and Messaging

How many messages are you keeping on the device?

KillinKrullin 11-25-2009 03:19 PM

i think the last time i did a PIM restore it said something like 200? sound about right? i have never changed the defaults on that though

MrObvious 11-25-2009 04:28 PM

Try my ROM. It's blazing fast 6.5 and basic, no frills or Manila to slow you down. That said try clearing your texts everyday. If you want to back them up what I do is use My Phone to back it up overnight then I just simply delete it in the morning. It works pretty slick.

KillinKrullin 11-26-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 1361985)
Try my ROM. It's blazing fast 6.5 and basic, no frills or Manila to slow you down. That said try clearing your texts everyday. If you want to back them up what I do is use My Phone to back it up overnight then I just simply delete it in the morning. It works pretty slick.

no link in your sig, and OMJ2.5 Manila has manila, yes? i think thats the one im running that is the worst for texting. and mms doesnt come though properly

MrObvious 11-26-2009 11:53 PM

Sorry. Go here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97841

SComp23 11-29-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillinKrullin (Post 1361400)
I have a question.

How come i cant find a ROM that supports quick threaded text messaging?

ive tried a handful of ROMS and they all suck the D when it comes to text messaging performance. im sick of waiting for the screen refresh for up to 1.5min before i can tap something else. it is very painful just to reply to a text.

Some roms were a little better than others but all are severly slow when it comes to text messaging. i tried all the roms that say they are most stable and are lite versions for perfomance. for the most part i have no propblems at with any other application other than texting.

any ideas? is my phone broken? does the diamond suck? am i choosing the wrong ROMs? suggestions?

thanks in advance for your help, im pulling my hair out.

- Bill

I'm with you on this, it drives me insane.

MrObvious 11-29-2009 05:54 PM

Well you can try it. Also another tip is to clear out your text messages everyday.

SComp23 11-29-2009 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 1371809)
Well you can try it. Also another tip is to clear out your text messages everyday.

I might give it a shot, I've been running Energy Rom for the last 3 or 4 months and just recently it's been giving me problems, weird.

gsxrlo 11-30-2009 09:10 PM

Same here, I was so excited Flashing all the great 6.5 and 6.5.x ROMs with the new TF3Ds but after going thru 5 of them and getting the same awefull result on Messaging and some of them on top the dialing, I gave up on 6.5 (i think Diamonds cant handle the 6.5).

I have been running a 6.1.x with the lastes builds that have the new Manila look and it works great.

I say stick with ROMS that have the 6.1.x until Sprint actually realese the 6.5 for our phone as OEM, maybe that way it will perform like it is ment to.